 Trains / 16077
Re: NBLTC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 21:26:01 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Andy Stringer writes:
Good to see models of some British prototypes - I've always wanted to build
a few British diesels and electrics. I always encounter the same problem
though - the windows just don't look right, having said that the 37 looks
fairly convincing!

Andy

Andy,

The 37 took several trial builds to get the cab windows to look 'right',
although I would agree that they could be 'righter'! I find that with a
moving model such as a locomotive, the overall proportion and look tends to
be more important that getting the exact details right. I am also working on
a Southern Region MLV (Motor Luggage Van) with a prototypical feature to
switch between battery or live rail operation. Again, cab windows are
crucial to the look however it should just pass with 2x2x1 classic windows
in yellow.

To my knowlege there are very few LUGnutters building specific British train
models - Jason Railton, Huw Millington and myself fall to mind. Anyone else
out there?

Jon