 Trains / Train Organizations / SCLTC / 47
Re: SCLTC Website Updated! (New look and loads of images!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.scltc
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 05:08:54 GMT

To answer your first question: I'll probably find a more suitable location
to write what I needed to say; you're right, it is a bit obtrusive at the
bottom there. I couldn't fit "site design" and so trimmed it down to "site"
which is what I think got confusing and possibly took on new meaning =0.

I'm not much into legal things but I'm sure some other members of our club
can figure out the best course of action here.

To answer your second question: being 15 (as of today =) ) I'm very into
modern-looking things and don't really like the traditionalism inherent in
many train companies' logos (sorry), so I created a totally original one for
the club. I also found it hard to incorporate an old-fashioned logo with
such a modern, techy site design. We took a vote and everyone liked it so
that's what we're using =). Anyway I was aiming for "cute".

- Thomas Michon
Webmaster, (SCLTC)

In lugnet.trains.org.scltc, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.announce, Thomas Michon writes:
The official website of ths Southern California LEGO Train Club has been
entirely redone and given a brand new look!

Check it out at:

http://www.scltc.org

This is a very slick and well produced site. I had one question and one wish.

Q: Why is the site copyright by Thomas Michon? Wouldn't it be more
appropriately copyrighted by SCLTC? ( you may consider putting a TM after
the SCLTC the way NELUG does after NELUG too... not sure about that)

Wish: I wish you'd all consider going with a fallen flag logo as so many
other clubs do, it builds solidarity. Although your current logo certainly
is cute.