 Trains / Train Organizations / SCLTC / 49
Re: SCLTC Website Updated! (New look and loads of images!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.scltc
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 00:12:46 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org.scltc, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Wish: I wish you'd all consider going with a fallen flag logo as so many
other clubs do, it builds solidarity. Although your current logo certainly
is cute.

We at SCLTC are a pretty independent lot, so solidarity might be stretch. In
any event, we did call ourselves an "LTC" which certainly conforms to the
norm (I met an excited guy at NAB last week from Raleigh who was
disappointed to find that "SC" in SCLTC is not South Carolina).

At this point we already have a considerable, and growing, investment in the
SCLTC logo such as embroidered shirts and large, high resolution signage.
And we are about to add embroidered patches on railroad caps and such.

With regard to fallen flags in general, the implication is realistic model
railroading linked to the past. We are more into contemporary, even
futuristic, building. So far there's been nary a single steam engine on our
layout (though I for one would love to add some). We are an LTC because we
all think LEGO is cool, we don't have any illusions that the traditional
model railroaders will always be more "realistic" and we aren't going to try
to catch them on that score. Instead, we think we are more fun, more
exciting, more interesting, way more flexible, much more dynamic (we will
never bring the same layout to any show), and more engaging for the audience.

-Ted