 Trains / 16068
Re: Nice Work, Jake!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 19:38:56 GMT

Jake McKee wrote:

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
Jake, you have achieved the status in my mind of "master minifig scale
train builder"!  I really like the way you put a train together:-)

But John, you realize that is this a mere 6-wide model, right?

"Mere"?-- lol  Well, of course; that is what I meant by "minifig scale".  You,
as does James Mathis (good company, I know:), have the ability to pull off a 6
wide version of a loco and still make it look good.  It has to do with creative
compression, a hallmark of "minifig scale"-- something for which I have no
talent.  I would rather build more or less *un*compressed (which ends one up
around 8 wide).
Even though we are really on different tacks, I still appreciate what you are
trying to do.  To me, you and James are super-detailing *toy* trains.  Your
work fits in perfectly with the scale of LEGO sets, such as the Metro Station (
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4554 ).

My work fits into some (although still based on the minifig) larger, less
compressed scale into which this building fits: (
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/J-2/TCLTC/Buildings/tanbuilding2.jpg )  --
what I'm calling "LEGO model train scale"

"LMT" scale? :-)

-John