 Trains / 16151
Re: Repairing 12v train motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 17:44:22 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jan-Albert van Ree writes:

I have a MIB service pack 12v motor, never opened, that I'd sacrifice to the
cause of getting good spares made up. Presumably the parts in it once the
cover was ripped off, would be as dimensionally accurate as one could hope
for short of working from the original prints... (Jake??? can you get us
those?)

Dear Larry,

I have no idea, what kind of Motor you have, but Albert was talking about the
7865 motor from 740. That has no screws to open it. Breaking the glued housing
up is quite difficult and glueing it afterwards is a even more difficult job...
And doing that with a brandnew spare would be kind of sacrileg(?)... Please do
not try that - you might regret it lateron.

If you are talking about a 702 motor, that would not help here too much. It is
completely different from 7865.
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/9v_12v/9v_12v.html#7865

Albert, possibly you should try to find someone to send you an electrical
damaged motor (with intact gear wheels). Since good 7865 motors are sold for
not more than 35...40 $, an electrically burnt motor should not cost more than
5...10$.

Try a search at the "Suche"-Forum under 1000steine.de. I myself have thrown
away my defected 4.5 and 12V stuff, since nobody was interesed in it an it took
to many soom to store it. So I cannot help you here.

Kind Regards,

Ben