 Trains / 16149
Re: Repairing 12v train motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 17:13:06 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jan-Albert van Ree writes:

If anybody knows exact specs of the gear and could find a way to replace
them I'd happily run a few dozen... all I need to pay for is used material
and a few free weekends, which is a good deal IMHO :) (BTW I noticed later
motors use some kind of zinc cast for the gears, I'd make them in a weak
bronze so they'd last longer)

I have a MIB service pack 12v motor, never opened, that I'd sacrifice to the
cause of getting good spares made up. Presumably the parts in it once the
cover was ripped off, would be as dimensionally accurate as one could hope
for short of working from the original prints... (Jake??? can you get us those?)

I on the other hand have neither the expertise nor the tools (micrometer,
calipers etc) to take measurements of the various parts.

If you (whoever) do have such expertise and access to CNC equipment, contact me