 Trains / 16092
Re: SFSC - Photoware - JM design
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 15:13:34 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Aaron Coghill writes:
First off i must send a great well done to James, for his very inspirational
designs. I really loved the SFSC variation you created. I loved it so much
so I set about modifing my SF to create yours.

I didn't do that bad, and the result was pretty good.

Here are a few pics:

This is really cool.  Thanks for building it off the CAD renderings.
I have real-built this locomotive myself, but I've been too lazy to
photograph it.  Perhaps I should, now.

The last two pics are from the setup of our first train show. I will be
modifing the under carage of the sfsc freight to it moves around corners
betters and the magnets do not shear apart.

I'd like to render some of the instruction steps to show how the couplers
are attached to the 9v motor rather than the body work.  This keeps the
magnets from shearing apart, but maybe looks too awkward through curves.
Not sure when I'll get to this.

You've done a great job building from the spotty CAD renderings!
I look forward to any improvements in the design you might incorporate.

later,
James Mathis