 Trains / 16113
Re: Gp 50 in its final state of evolution
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 05:48:43 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Thomas Burger writes:

i have done a GP in the local rr , the florida east coast railroad.
take a look

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=153545 in particular is a
nice scene.

I used to live in FL and my impression of FEC was a railroad that
efficiently moves piggybacks at high rates of speed in urban areas! Pretty
exciting since almost all of their crossings with streets are at grade.
Better not drive around the gates or you're gonna get smacked.

I was at a bar in Delray Beach (outdoors) one night in 2000 and in the span
of 3 hours they moved 4 TOFCs, 2 mixed freight and 3 gravel trains, some in
each direction, all on a single track main. They tend to use short trains
and a lot of power so they can accelerate quickly after taking a siding for
an opposing train.

Your scene really captures that flavor nicely.

Overall very nice. There are a few parts on there that aren't available in
those colors, though, ne?