 Trains / 16135
16134  |  16136
Subject:
Repairing 12v train motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 17:42:08 GMT

A few weeks ago I acquired a 7740, of which the engine was in a separate
bag, in loads of parts.

After visiting the Muelheim show this weekend (and realizing that unless I
win the lotto I really need to find a way to fix the current motor) I got
the bag out again and had a batter look.

First thing I noticed was that the plastic (nylon/delrin) gears on the
wheel axles were both worn. Problem : I can't seem to get the wheels of the
axles. Second : one of the current pickup pins is missing.

Issue 2 ain't a big deal, I can easily make a few at work on the CNC lathe.
However the gear on the wheel axles is a big problem... has anyone ever
tried replacing them? If so, how (how to take the construction apart, where
to buy new gears, what type)?

And if all fails, does anybody have a bad 12v black train motor as in 7740
of which the wheel axles are still OK they'd be willing to trade/sell?

Thanks, and hoping to resolve this agonizing problem,
--
Jan-Albert "Anvil" van Ree   | http://artsen.vanree.net
VanReeDotNet IT Solutions    | http://www.vanree.net