 Trains / *15069 (-100)
  Re: Converting 220v transformer to 110v

(...) If you do this, you will probably get 6v. 12v trains will run pretty slow and accessories won't work well. (...) These really are easy to use. Radio Shack sells one which will work for $35 or so. Tonight I'll get the info for the company I (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: With all this talk about fallen flags and logos and decals...

(...) (tagging off this because its a related topic and I was going to post this anyway) There is a friend of mine, locally, that has a sign making business. He has one of those big (D-size I think) plotters that cuts adhesive-backed vinyl to make (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

John Neal wrote in message ... (...) That's nice, John... but I like the older PGE logo better as a base (URL) Annual SYSTEM Creativity Contest: (URL) Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Guild of Bricksmiths: (URL) Lego Web (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Converting 220v transformer to 110v

Okay, guys and gals, here's a question for you electrically inclined folks. I have a couple 220v transformers (#7864) that I really can't use since my house is wired for 110v. One of the transformers has a removeable 3 prong UK plug (instead of the (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Hey, ya Canuck, check dis out, eh: (URL) (hoser) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  With all this talk about fallen flags and logos and decals...

I was just looking around for some decals that I don't know even exist or not... Anyway I came across and interesting site during my search which caught my interest based on all the discussions here about logos and decals and not being able to print (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) I think you are right. I am confusing the red/black circles with the yin/yang. Fitting then, (if true) that the goat guys didn't run to Vancouver and the newage-yin/yang guys did, ne? (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) D'Oh! Sorry, meant *Northern Pacific* :-p -John (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Dean- Someone elsewhere mentioned Great Northern-- I checked an RR map and they actually ran through Vancouver... I'll post an example or 2 of their heralds -John (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

Aah, the yin/yang symbol was the NP surely. Though the GN did use red and black as well in the encircled goat, right? (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Just as a note... a good real life herald had this feature. These were stenciled on to the sides of things.. boxcar red/brown boxcars, black coal cars (usually in white)... grey or tan or yellow MOW cars (usually in black), and so forth. So (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) The new one's pretty ugly. Looks like it was designed by a committee of government drones or something. But the old one... (URL) one would look sharp in *many* colors, I think. (printed in white on a dark background as a transparent sticker, (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) It's cool, but I guess what I wanted was something can can allow white to be used. I know the Alps can do white etc. but a transfer system would sure be nice. Ahh well. I new I was dreaming... Dean (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

Dean Husby wrote in message <3BEB4456.CAC0C4CC@a....bc.ca>... (...) Here are 2 logos for the Pacific Great Eastern (Prince George Eventually..) now BC Rail (URL) Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Lego auctions: (URL) Guild of (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Sure. Past God's Endurance is one, and a whole scad of logging roads existed (Brooks Scalon(?) and so on...) (PGE-Pacific Great Eastern, former name of BC Rail). You could always use one of the Mackenzie railway names too... My copy of "CN (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  MOC Metroliner Add-On Cars

Over the past year and a half or so I have been picking up Metorliner odds and ends here and there in hopes of making some additional cars for my Metroliner. Now that the Metroliner is available again, the parts are a little easier to come by. Here (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Oops...wanted to add what I found upon a re-read of the page...they also have water-slide decal paper for ...get this...INK JETS! It comes with a waterproofing spray...oh, now that is TOO COOL! A very giddy Matt (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) I finally found white water-slide decal paper! Check this out Dean: (URL) it'll work with lazer, color lazer, copier, color copier! I'm so excited! Maybe I don't need that Alps 5000 after all (though I still want to print gold and silver) Matt (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Esquimault and Nanaimo??? Are they defunct? White Pass and Yukon? They aren't defunct... and aren't even in the same province, but at least they're western and memorable. It helps if the herald is interesting looking. (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Hey we got a mention from the mighty American LUGS and LTC's! Woo! Dean (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Is there such a thing that will let me print WHITE with my Laser printer? (On clear background) Some sort of transfer type thing or wet apply or ??? Thanks Dean (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) There's rumors of the VLC spawning a Sub LTC club... VLTC or something like that. Anyone know any defunct railroads for Canada and more to the point BC? Dean (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Steve Barile's article at Trains.com

(...) Yes, I made the half offset first on your design. (I copied it fully, except the ladders) I didn't like the way the doors looked so I set about making them 1/5 offset. It took me a bit to get it right and stable. But it looks good. I made then (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  The train arrived today

Yes, that is correct: the K10001 train combo arrived today, 19:00 local time. And what a journey it made to get here! First, it departed from Denmark, via German Postal Service (!?), to Oostende,Belgium; from there, it re-departed to Maia, Portugal (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Next Meeting

(...) I'm not sure, but ask around in the trains newsgroup, they'll give you plenty of answers. ShawnG (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BricksWest

(...) I'm confused... wouldn't a train layout fill the whole pavilion? That's a awfully small venue for multiple themes. -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first ever Train MOC... be gentle!?

(...) Hello, I just wanted to say that I took your advice last night and rebuilt the engine with an equal amount of orange and black. I am really glad you suggested this, because it not only looks better color-wise, but it is more accurate (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  Re: Hobby or habit?

(...) A great story. If you replaced train with Lego that story could be about most of us. I know it would be for me. I think a rewrite in Lego version is called for. (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.fun)

  Re: BricksWest

The train layout will still be in the pavilion (along with the other MOCs form different themes). The train sessions (1 or 2 per day) will be 45min seminars and the topics are still open. How about: advanced train building techniques, trains (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BricksWest

(...) this. (...) San (...) My understanding is that the train layout will be part of the "Expo" in the Pavilion in Legoland, not in the hotel itself. Any ideas what the "track" of trains stuff will consist of, and where it will be? Kevin ---...--- (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NELUG logo

(...) Yep, that's the one. (...) Hmm, I'd never seen that one. Nice. As mentioned, a minifig with a tricorn hat would be easy to do. Frank (who used to ride the B&M Budliners, and lived about 3 blocks from the Concord Depot). (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BricksWest

(...) Steve, Don't know to much about whats going to happen but I Know that the SCLTC will be there. With a layout I think? Paul (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Technical question on passenger car parts. (steps)

Has anyone here ever built a working "drop" step as used on 1930s-'50s streamlined passenger cars? I'm trying to design a minifig-scale LEGO '30s-era streamlined car and the vestibule (section where passengers would board and unload from the car at (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  BricksWest

I mostly only read lugnet.trains and I don't recall reading much about this. BricksWest(tm) is in mid February at a hotel 5 min walk from LEGOland in San Deigo. Some PNLTC members are going down. From what I understand there is going to be "track" (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A BrickWest Train Logo?

(...) Ahem "ILTCO" Many lashes with a track turnout...:-) -John (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  VLC to attend the Trains 2001 in Vancouver, BC CANADA

Hi all, This is an official reminder for all of you on the VLC Announcement list. This weekend the VLC is proud to be participating in the Trains 2001 show at the Cameron Recreation Center in Burnaby. Relevant details can be found below. For more (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: My first ever Train MOC... be gentle!?

(...) I was actually looking at that picture just the other day, I love the look of your hook-hand tubing! I am actually trying to get enough hooks right now for my next engine, I only have 4 or 5 hook hands that aren't sunk into MOCs. cheers! Joel (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  Re: My first ever Train MOC... be gentle!?

(...) Thank you! After seeing a few more pictures of it online, I definately agree that while this book is a good place to start, I am going to find some real-life prototypes for my next Engine(s). cheers! Joel K (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  Re: PICS: RF&P Show at Science Museum of Virginia

"dan parker" <dnvpark@gte.net> wrote in message news:GMFB2x.8s8@lugnet.com... (...) thinking. (...) Thanks for the compliments Dan. We're pretty new at this whole display thing. I know that I have spent hours looking at the PNLTC stuff for ideas (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.richlug, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A BrickWest Train Logo?

(...) To me, 3x9 seems awfully big, especially for clubs with little or know monetary treasury. How about if a club furnished a 3x6 laminated banner? Russell BayLTC/BayLUG (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: A BrickWest Train Logo?

How about a logo for the IOLTC or some generic "LTC" logo as an umbrella. In my mind IOLTC is an umbrella anyway. SteveB PS PNLTC will bring a banner to hang in the Pavillion. (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: NELUG logo

(...) Hmmm... Try to aim for a Pirate fig with the tricorn hat.... To maintain the resemblence to the original... Just a thought. :) -H. (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: My first ever Train MOC... be gentle!?

(...) Hey! I say go for it, i'm building a SOO Line covered hopper now! Josh (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  Re: NELUG logo

(...) Now this is a great idea for a potential "alternate NELUG Logo". If we took the old B&M Minuteman LOGO and replaced the image of the "Minuteman" with a Minifig and the text with something more appropriate we could have a pretty cool alternate (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NELUG logo

(...) Eric- Check this out: (URL) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NELUG logo

(...) LOL ! I like it! :) As for which defunct railroads that would be appropriate for the usage discussed, I agree that the B&M would be my vote. I actually remember seeing the old blue and white diesels rolling through my hometown when I was a (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NELUG logo

(...) Ah, yes, the B&M If you'd all like, I could try to work up that one, or any other as well (so to Shaun: yeah, I do requests:-) (...) The NY,NH, & Hartford is just so bizarre, it got the better of my curiousity:-) Basically I just wanted to (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NELUG logo

A Minifig Minuteman? :-) hmmm.. a minutefig? minute = small ;-) -Suz (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: A BrickWest Train Logo?

(...) Great Idea. All we have to do is decide on a Logo. Anyone heard from Dan Pearson or John Gramley? (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: NELUG logo

(...) have (...) I think this is what Frank is talking about... www.railroadxing.com...e_clip.gif I like this a lot although there is an older B&M logo that incorporates a Minuteman in the Logo that is pretty cool. I just can't find a presentable (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NELUG logo

(...) Haven, and Hartford as being a "local" defunct railroad. That is probably more my stubborness then anything else. I really think of the Boston and Maine as a true "New England" defunct railroad (Although Guliford Transportation owns the name (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NELUG logo

(...) the (...) The (most well know, well, the one I remember) B&M logo is a little more geometric, though still all of letters. Frank (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NELUG logo

(...) Hi all, For those who might not follow the .trains.org group, John put together a collection of Logos for various train clubs. One popular way to design a logo has been to take the logo of a geographically-relevant railway line that has gone (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  NELUG logo

So I'm just sitting around procrastinating work, and I start doodling around, and one thing leads to another, and viola: (URL) was just curious how it would look so I did it:-) Now I *must* return to work:-p -John (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: A BrickWest Train Logo?

(...) Hey, if Paul is up for this, then so am I! I'm certainly willing to throw in some money. Humm...maybe, just maybe we just might use Mr. Neal's services. Adrian www.scltc.org (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: PICS: RF&P Show at Science Museum of Virginia

Hi Tim, I like the display. The MOCs show originality and out-of-the-box thinking. Makes for some very striking scenes. Great job! dan parker Pacific Northwest LEGO Train Club In lugnet.org.us.richlug, Timothy D. Freshly writes: <snip> (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.richlug, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first ever Train MOC... be gentle!?

Sweet model Joel! You may want to consider changing the way you connect the horizontal railings to uprights using pirate hook hands jammed into short pieces of technic tubing. I did this on the 2nd version of my SD-90 and you can compare to the (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  Re: My first ever Train MOC... be gentle!?

(...) agree with J2, it may be a bit low orangewise) Trainmasters and baby trainmasters are unique in appearance. That Lionel proto you're working from isn't the best starting point since it's tinplate... (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  Re: My first ever Train MOC... be gentle!?

(...) thank you, I set out to build an SD 40-20, but after I saw this engine, I knew I had to try it. Its kinda different and I hadn't recalled seeing one done before. (...) You are right about that, I'm going to see what I can do. Although I fear I (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  Re: My first ever Train MOC... be gentle!?

(...) <snip> (...) Excellent work, Joel! You did terrific for a 100th attempt, much less your first! My only suggestion would be to revisit the height of the black in relation to the orange. Here is a pic I dug up to illustrate: (URL) on modeling (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  My first ever Train MOC... be gentle!?

Hiyas, I can't make it to the upcoming meeting, but I still have trains on the brains, so I made this today: (URL) is based on a Milwaukee Road Fairbanks-Morse H16-44 in a book that Ondrew gave me for rolling stock reference pics. Thanks again (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  Re: Hobby or habit?

(...) That story sounds real familiar just replace the word "Train" with Lego Paul (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.fun)

  Re: A BrickWest Train Logo?

(...) That sounds like a great idea we at the SCLTC will be happy to bring a banner. Paul (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: A BrickWest Train Logo?

"Matthew Gerber" <matthew@digitaliris.com> wrote in message news:GMEs4E.HIB@lugnet.com... (...) train (...) with (...) at (...) weekend), (...) Actually, LDraw has 3 or 4 sessions at BricksWest. One each morning - Sat, Sun, Mon, and possibly a (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: A BrickWest Train Logo?

(...) Will I do? 8?) Heck yes! I could come up with something...perhaps a logo that would be specific to the event, but available to everyone who participates to use as a badge of participation? Like, only those who attend/display get permission to (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: Pictures of Brickmond (from RichLUG's first train show)

(...) See! - that's exactly the kind of ignorance I'm trying to hide. Thanks Frank. Now I have a word to bandy about at next weekend's show. Now how to insert it into an "everyday" conversation... G. P.S. Favorite Rules of Life # 23: There's no fun (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.richlug, lugnet.trains)

  A BrickWest Train Logo?

With all the recent talk about logos, I'm wondering if there will be a train logo for the BrickWest? Meaning, a universal one or perhaps a banner with all the train clubs/train groups names who are planning to attend around something (picture, (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Hobby or habit?

Something for the train folks: (URL) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.fun)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) snip (...) Yea, I should have been a little clearer (no pun intended). It's the decal sheets that I'm looking for. BTW, the iron-on sheets Alps made are very good, my mom loves them. One thing else, I've been doing with these guys (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  MonLUG holds its first train show!

Un message français suivra. A french message will follow. Hello to all, I'm proud to announce MonLUG's first participation in a Montreal Area train show. It will be held at Georges-Vanier High School in Laval (just north of Montreal) on Saturday, (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Pictures of Brickmond (from RichLUG's first train show)

(...) Umm, that's Ferroequinology... Frank (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.richlug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steve Barile's article at Trains.com

(...) The 1/5th offset make better door, I'll have to modify them. For my part I'm not to hot about sticker because they live glue mark but they do make a big difference. Any pic of the box car with sticker? glad that you like my design to copy and (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) No problem although our first order was just for members and we didn't order extras. I have been thinking of placing another order soon and leting others in on it. Problem is I don't know where a post like that should go. Is trains.org OK or (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

Eric, are y'all willing to sell shirts to non-members of NELUG? Or maybe take a NGLTC shirt in trade? jt In lugnet.trains.org, Eric Kingsley writes: <snip> (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Boo;-) it's pretty long odds against NALUG turning into (or adopting) an (...) No need to do anything drastic; but wouldn't it be fun (when you do do your next train show) if you had a club logo to use as a collective wink to the crowd? (I'm (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) I guess we are in the same position as NALUG, we just arn't train focused enough and probably won't be creating a train only sub group any time soon. I did proactively register www.neltc.org just in case but even if we did use it my guess is (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Yeah, you better D&R, buddy. :) I'm sure NALUG would be perfectly willing to adopt an LTC, if only we hadn't just invested in these shirts....<GRIN> Fun aside, it's pretty long odds against NALUG turning into (or adopting) an LTC; We just (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Careful - those might be fightin' words to Mr. Neal... <grin> (For those who don't know, John has a shirt printing business.) (...) Are you looking for 'sticker' sheets, or 'decal' sheets? I have used decal sheets from Walthers ((URL) worked (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Well, the logos are-- they are now a part of the Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) (...) Yes. I use AI on a Mac. Will do. -John (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Alps is still around...they make OEM printer stuff for cash registers and other things...they just stopped making the retail printer series (sadly). Luckly, supplies are almost unlimited...many eBay Alps sellers also have websites for (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Egad Egli-- iron-ons?? When it comes time to get shirts, LMK. I know a screenprinter who'll cut you a deal;-) I like the SP logo for a club such as yours because it shows the tracks disappearing off into the sunset, signifying the westernmost (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Thank you John...that means a lot coming from *you*! 8?) (...) I saw that...see my other message for a request. Matt (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) D'oh! The Santa Fe...why didn't I think of that? You can't turn around in So. Cal. without seeing that logo...but are they defunct? John, are your files vector art (I'm guessing yes)? If so, could I get you to e-mail me the WP logo with wings? (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Aha! You used the past tense "made", Matt-- I had heard a rumor that ALPS went out of business, but it seems that they still have a web site. Know anything I don't? -John (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) lol, well, I think that I actually *contributed* to the differing versions of the NGLTC logo-- the one I posted was a flat version I created of the raised logo from the web site.... JT, I could easily adapt the SR logos dimensions to yours if (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  PICS: RF&P Show at Science Museum of Virginia

Here are some pictures from the first weekend of the RichLUG display at the RF&P Show being held at the Science Museum of Virginia. Thanks to Greg Perry for posting these to Brickshelf. (URL) There are NO actual pictures of trains because right now (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.richlug, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Alps made their own decal paper...just check eBay...supplies are easily had there. HTH, Matt (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Heh... Why? If you're being true to the industry standard, having logo inconsistencies is all part of the fun. :) <GD&R> James (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Those I LIKE A LOT! The ones John posted (thanks for the help) are really cool because they have that traditional look(?) and don't require lots of color (black is very cheap for my printer), and will be easy to print up iron-ons for shirts. (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) S'not a problem...you're welcome! Did you see the variation logos I posted to Brickshelf later last night? One has the WP wings and the other is the beginning of a Zephyr design. Matt (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

Matt, I've submitted the proposed logos to the other club members and I hope to hear back by tonight or tomorrow. Many thanks you and John Neal for your help! Robert (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

Actually the logo used on the shirt (and black & white print) is much more true to the SR logo by having both circles. The one John has displayed we've used for some color print items and it uses a color difference instead of an actual inter circle. (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Rust on the tracks

(...) Do likewise with any paperwork. Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rust on the tracks

(...) Personally I have not had a problem. I store all my unused track and motors in my unheated basement and havn't had a problem yet. My guess though is that cold is not a problem but dampness could very will be. I would try and keep everything as (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Rust on the tracks

I am running out of space in my designated Lego area and it has been suggested if I wish to continue that I consider moving my layout to the garage. Has anyone had any problems with their motors or tracks being in a colder environment? I Lego does (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) I'll talk to JT about it. (...) Agreed. I created a new one and took out the proposed SCLTC one. (...) Okay. I'll post it and stick the FRISCO one in the proposed folder. -John (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) lol But of course! That's why we're doing them:-) I created a folder of fallen flags that I thought might interest your club: (URL) think any one of these logos could be adapted and look really cool. If you see one that strikes your fancy, LMK (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) worked. I'll post them into an ideas folder on my Brickshelf page. -John (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  12 Volt Track Inventory

All as I said earlier but I might have confused some I would like to swap 12 Volt for some 9 Volt. Listed below is an inventory of what I have to swap. All complete sections come with Sleepers and the middle power rail. Curve Section 95 complete (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  12 Volt Track and Accessories

Hi All are there any collectors out there who would like to swap 9 Volt Track for a heap of 12 Volt track and Accessories. I am in the process of inventoring it now. Regards Peter Parsons Lugnet 348 (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact