 Trains / 13862
13861  |  13863
Subject:
The train arrived today
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 23:52:17 GMT

Yes, that is correct: the K10001 train combo arrived today, 19:00 local
time. And what a journey it made to get here!
First, it departed from Denmark, via German Postal Service (!?), to
Oostende,Belgium; from there, it re-departed to Maia, Portugal (very near my
home). But it did not stop there! He was Northbound for some 100 km, until
the border with Spain (V.P.Âncora), and then returned South to pick me up at
Porto (aka Oporto).
In all, I'd say some 2500 km of trans-european travelling! And the best of
all, wheels were not yet used...
As you may guess, I am very happy with this re-release. Only a couple of
months ago I was searching in Brickbay for this set, but it was a tad
expensive for me... and now here it is, MISB! (not for long, though...)

I think I'll name this train "The European Express"...

Of course, many thanks go to the Baixinho Family (who safely guided the
train for most of the way), and to LEGO.
And to Lugnet: I only found about this set because I read about it here.
LEGO S@H isn't yet available "chez moi", so the only way to know about LEGO
events is this place... thank you, guys!

Pedro  <== still in shock, due to massive input of brand new ABS.