 Trains / Train Organizations / NILTC / 15
Re: My first ever Train MOC... be gentle!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.niltc
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 16:17:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org.niltc, John Neal writes:

My only suggestion would be to revisit the height of the black in relation to
the orange.  Here is a pic I dug up to illustrate:

Hello,

I just wanted to say that I took your advice last night and rebuilt the
engine with an equal amount of orange and black.  I am really glad you
suggested this, because it not only looks better color-wise, but it is more
accurate proportionally.  It also enabled me to tweak a few details that
weren't just right, and save a ton of orange plates.

I also added decals I changed into stickers by removing them from their
backing and pressing them face down onto packing tape.  To my delight, the
decal sheet had a perfect sized Millwaukee Road emblem for the sides, AND a
Farbanks-Morse logo for the front... I am really fond of this engine now!

If anyone wants to see (it doesn't really look *too* different from the
original engine posted) I will be updating the 'shelf with pics of this
final version in a minute.

just wanted to say thanks!
Joel K