 Trains / *11169 (-100)
  : I've got a question to pose.........

Has anyone on Lugnet who reads this ever built, is building, or is in the process of building a meteorology team(aka. the National Severe Storms Laboratory)with a few vehicles? If so, please either e-mail me details and some ideas you used or please (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) Hmmmm....... I can think of tons of sets they can do, especially in the books after the first one. But I wouldn't want to give any secrets away for those that haven't read all four books. Maybe after the first initial launch of the sets, they (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Bi-Level Commuter Car

(...) Ah but, the Bi-levels only run on the Fredericksburg line of the VRE, not the Manassas line. I know, I ride the Manassas line most of the week and we get to see the nice Bi-levels go by us at the stations in town where both lines come (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) I have high hopes for a really big castle set and a Hogwarts Express train. Other than that I am not sure what they can do. At least Star Wars had lots of space ships. I can't think of what else they can do. Ron's car? The accessories may be (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Has anybody seen this engine before?

I don't think it's a matter of copyright so much as fraud. It's not like the kid used some else's design; he actually used a photo of someone else's model and claimed it to be his own. jt (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The call of the dark side... (stickers!)

(...) :) Yeah, I took one look at it with the stickers and said "yep". The only hesitation was when my hands went to peel the backing off the stickers... so I figured I'd use the excuse that I'll wait to get TCS approval (tonight) before stickin' em (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anybody seen this engine before?

Too bad Ben didnt copyright it. If he did he would have a case in court. Although he could just send a nasty letter to the kid about pirating. And note that it isnt me in there. My screen name is StarCrafter2. (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Bi-Level Commuter Car

Hello, I have uploaded some pictures to BrickShelf of my version of a Kawasaki Bi-Level Commuter Car. See: (URL) live in the Washington, DC area and the Kawasaki cars are operated by MARC and VRE (the Maryland and Virginia commuter train services (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Franchising Spamcake?

Sounds like fun to me as long as the Dinner doesn't have to many rare parts to make it prohibative. Of course I guess they don't all have to be identical as long as they all follow a basic theme (Both color wise and architechurally). I know all the (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: The call of the dark side... (stickers!)

(...) Wimp!! Actually I have come to think stickers are OK (Heck I gave you the .gif for the NELUG sticker :-). I definitly think this is one of those OK time. One hint though, You might want to make the background of the train where you apply the (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) the creatures are indeed goblins in HP the run a bank (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Franchising Spamcake?

John, I like it, that does sound like a fun idea. The shirt with the cities listed would be great! Lets make it happen. jt ---- James J. Trobaugh (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: The call of the dark side... (stickers!)

(...) Of course... but I'll have turned by then, and I'll use that meniachal-type laugh :) ["because good is dumb"!] (...) Actually, I'm awaiting approval of TCS ((URL) for a banner on the other side... But maybe I can sell poster space inside next (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Franchising Spamcake?

To All, (...) Neat idea. I was also thinking of maybe having something to illustrate all the different clubs in our little collective here. I rememer that train show thing from Califronia, where everyone submitted a box car. Maybe we can have (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Franchising Spamcake?

As we at the GMLTC rebuild our layout and create a whole new town section, I had an idea which I thought would be pretty fun. Wouldn't it be fun to build a Spamcake Diner on the GMLTC layout? Then I thought: wouldn't it be fun if the Spamcake Diner (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: The call of the dark side... (stickers!)

lol Dave, you crack me up! Put them on already, and in a week you will look back on your angst and laugh at yourself:-) BTW, they look great! I'd like to inquire about advertising on your car sometime;-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anybody seen this engine before?

(...) stuff." (...) I think that's not too funny if someone steals your pictures. In some cases pictures of mine have been pirated for auction purposes. I think that was even worse than the TLC piracy. Some people asked me if I had additional nicks (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The call of the dark side... (stickers!)

(...) I must say that the stickers are a nice touch, I'd go ahead and apply these. Stickers are one thing, it's sanding, cutting and painting which I consider a mortal sin. -Harvey (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  The call of the dark side... (stickers!)

Not giving it a second thought, I went ahead and made stickers for my greenline train... but... when I went to put them on, I realised I would be violating all that was good and pure in the Legoverse by putting NON-LEGO elements in my creation! So (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anybody seen this engine before?

(...) Ya know, funny thing.... when I read the original post I was kinda hoping it would be one of mine. I keep thinking "when is someone going to steal my stuff." I feel so left out. Apparently, my work isn't good enough to steal (pout). Chris (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  All LUG's/LTC's with registered domains - Especially those at Pair Networks!

All, While visiting the Pair Networks Website ( www.pair.com ) recently I found they have recently started their own Domain Registration Service call PairNIC ( www.pairnic.com ). Their prices are very good running from between $19 for 1 year to as (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Has anybody seen this engine before?

(...) I also tried to email him, lets hope that he gets something fom this. -Harvey (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) Hi, I'm just back from England (where there filming it). I saw in a mag that they are using a ruined church and surrounding castle for most of it. But if you like Castle (as I do) Hagrid's house is the set to get (if they make it). The mock up (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) The school SHOULD appear very castle like, since the school IS a castle in the books. Katie (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: New S@H Catalog

(...) catalog. (...) Nevermind...I got excited, and thought they ment something other than the steamer...oops! But hey, we should see some interesting photos in a few days, eh Ben? What have you done for us this year ??? James (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anybody seen this engine before?

(...) Ben has had a response from Lego about it already. James (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anybody seen this engine before?

(...) Has anybody mailed Ben (PNLTC) about this? Probably he still doesn't know anything... I tried to contact him, but his mail address (as given on PNLTC sites was no longer valid). Kind Regards, Ben (FGLTC) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anybody seen this engine before?

If I was Ben I'd be pretty pissed. -- James J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) Hayes <bobhayes1@aol.com> wrote in message news:GAI86J.4Fo@lugnet.com... (...) 9.jp (...) a (...) so I (...) net, or (...) and (...) 9.jp (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New S@H Catalog

(...) Summer 2001? My latest is the Spring 2001, so... Josh (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

I've just espied the trailer for the new ‘Sorcerers Stone’ film, and it appears to be far more castle-like than town!!! ***Pure speculation:*** With Witches, Wizards, brooms, castle-like buildings, (The school appeared very castle-like with (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  New S@H Catalog

One of my informants tells me that there is a NEW loco in the next S@H catalog. Does someone have this catalog, and could they scan it please??? James Powell (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anybody seen this engine before?

The picture is from Ben Fleskes'web site. See: (...) (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anybody seen this engine before?

(...) I can't exactly place it, but I agree. That engine, in that color scheme does look familiar to me as well. (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anybody seen this engine before?

(...) That has to be a pirated picture, as I've also seen it somewhere else too. Too bad that LEGO doesn't check authenticity, whoever DID make that engine will find out soon enough. I'm gonna try to find it's true creator and then inform them of (...) (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BricWorx - Grand Opening

Good morning Harvey. Thanks for the order! We had 1 pre-order by Kim Toll, but you are the first to order publicly on LUGNET! Congratulations and THANKS! Dwayne & Steve BricWorx (...) (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Has anybody seen this engine before?

Hi folks, this months theme in the theme gallery at www.lego.com is "trains": (URL) of the entries is this engine, which looks somewhat familiar to me: www.lego.com/gallery...7351699.jp g The builder as given at lego.com is a just 12 year old boy, (...) (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A question about Insulation between tracks

(...) (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BricWorx - Grand Opening

(...) Hope I was your first customer...-Harvey (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  BricWorx - Grand Opening

Relevant train post... (URL) (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fond memories of 554

(...) Not an Exxon version of 377, but there was 6375. Frank (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Palatine Show a Success for AFOLs

(...) Just want to had that Brian did a excellent job with is layout. The picture that he post somewhere on the net are very good but seeing the real layout is also required to see every little detail that make it a succes. Martin (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A question about Insulation between tracks

(...) I have to had that your desing will not allow a train to move very far. Even if you do 2 gap like Larry write, your train moving from left to rigth, when it will go to the section of reverse polarity will simply start go backward until it (...) (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fond memories of 554

Can't say I have any memories of Exxon tankers. The first time I ever heard about Exxon was the Valdez incident. Instead we had 671. Same model, different colors. And allthough I have to admit I liked it I'm afraid it was never my favorite... In (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Fond memories of 554

My first ever LEGO set I got was set 554 (the Exxon fuel tanker) from my mother. In fact, I loved it so much that she bought me another! My warm memories of that are somewhat tainted by the Exxon Valdez incident (just kidding), Anyway, if any AFOL's (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Still time to enter the LEGO Train Contest

It makes me sad that John is entering his models,[1] because I am entering some of my models too. Now I know that there will be some stiff competition :(. If I win I will continue to show my models on my web site. I hope and suspect that LEGO (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Still time to enter the LEGO Train Contest

(...) I wouldn't read too deeply into those clauses-- I'm sure it has to do with lawyering more than anything else. (...) Actually, are the contest and simple recognition mutually exclusive? I think you have a good idea in its own right, Zonk. (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Town Building contest results

Here are the results of the Town Building Contest voting. I've listed first, second and third places in each category, with the number of votes for each winning entry and the percentage of votes for each entry of those cast in that category. To see (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: Still time to enter the LEGO Train Contest

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee wrote to remind us of the Train Contest. While I applaud that LEGO has chosen to recognize the Train enthusiasts (including the "over 18" builders :-), I'm a bit disappointed in the claus that forces the builders to (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains Trains and Train Shows.

(...) In the 7777 Idea book, they use colored 1x2 tiles to identify track power, as well as swicth-track controls and point-motors. :-) You can use colored tiles between the rails for track control, or 1x2 sloped bricks (back to back, beside the (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Green line pics

David, I hadn't seen your greenline train until just now. Excellent model. Fantastic work on the articulated thru-way between the cars to acheive no-gap thru curves. Very impressive. later, James Mathis (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains)

  Trainboard.com

I've found a great train message board site: (URL) sure some poeple here know about it, it doesn't have a Lego board yet, but i'm tring to get one. Josh (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Green line pics

(...) be bringing the green line train to the train show, I'd better have some stats on it, since I didn't think it was to scale with minifigs or the rest of our trains that we'll be displaying.... The train I built is based off of the "Boeing LRV" (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steepest grade?

In my ramp designs, I'd say 2 plates for either straight or curved is the max for an uphill. Make yor uphill too steep and you'll experience wheel spin but no foreward movement and possible damageto the rail (it's happened to me). Downhill, on the (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tank Car Mania Continues

(...) As I mentioned, I used a bench grinder (I should have mentioned with a buffer wheel) and very fine rouge. Lots of variables here, so lets just say that one should experiment first on whatever tools are available. Cheers, (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steepest grade?

(...) grade (...) 2 plates per section of straight, 1 per curve. I have used up to 4 plates/section, but it provides much excitement going down (rather than going up) James (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Steepest grade?

Hi all. What have you experienced layout creators found to be the steepest usable grade with Lego trains? Thanks ROSCO (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Royal Train Website

Jon, I really need to add a "technical focus" section to the website. Yes, two loks can be run simultaneously although I havn't done this yet (with Lego that is. In Z scale it is routine). The overhead caternary does work but I don't advertise it (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: The Royal Train Website

(...) Brian I'm impressed, Echoing all the other comments, I would also add that this is the first example I have seen of a LEGO railway that looks like a proper model railway (and to cap it all, it's not huge either!). I particularly like the (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: Tank Car Mania Continues

(...) At 300 also. Hmm........ Do you have an older model? I got mine a couple months ago. Maybe the motor has decreased its output? (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tank Car Mania Continues

(...) I had my large buffer wheel set to 300 rpm and it worked fine. What speed were you using, may I ask? (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tank Car Mania Continues

(...) Dont, the buffer melts the plastic. I have tried it, and it melts the plastic. Same with acrylic. kai (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Large Buildings?

"Duane Hess" <DNJHESS@ZDNETMAIL.COM> wrote in message news:GAApFH.K8J@lugnet.com... (...) sad to say, Metro Terminus is no more It has been demolished to make way for a ? who knows what However, another version has emerged in its place - albeit (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tank Car Mania Continues

(...) As opposed to 6 wide ? Hmmm... a tank car in brown... brown cylinder halves from 6617, brown train wagon ends from 7104... where else have brown parts been popping up lately ? Ray (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  LAST DAY FOR VOTING - Town building contest

Just a reminder that your votes need to be in by midnight PST tonight (that's 3am EST on Saturday :-) ). If you haven't registered with me and you want to vote, do it ASAP! See (URL) how to register, and (URL) for links to all the entries. Kevin (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains Trains and Train Shows.

(...) Heheh - I recall making a color-coded diagram that showed each zone and it's controller; Can't see to recall where it got to though... 8-) SRC L#765 (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Tank Car Mania Continues

(...) Hello, I just thought I would add my 2 cents here. I use to use Brasso without pre-sanding and as a lot of people noted that takes an incredibly long time and is hard on the fingers and the sinuses. Then I went to 600 grit sandpaper which (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tank Car Mania Continues

I was thinking along the same line, but haven't tried my 'still in the box since X-mass' Dremel tool with a buffing wheel, since I don't have a grinder/buffer. Any one tried this? SteveB LOL while thinking about forgetting to changing the wheel and (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Engine and bulding made with LegoStudio camera.

Some first tests: www.hot.ee/sonnich/building.zip (430K) (URL) (700K) The "building" is an idea for which I don't how to finish. Maybe an station of a town hall or... The engine is an idea which is almost finished. I guess it is hard to see the (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Tank Car Mania Continues

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek writes: . (...) I've had success using "white rouge" buffing compound from your local Sears or hardware store. That and a small buffing wheel on a bench grinder leaves a smooth finish. The Sears white compound is (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tank Car Mania Continues

(...) Would brake fluid also work? -Harvey (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tank Car Mania Continues

(...) ladder solution isn't as nice looking as the ladder on the gray tank car. I wonder if it would be better to model tanks that have walk ways that extend the entire length of the car when using the droid escape pods bricks. Thanks for sharing, (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How the heck do I find out what model that engine I see going by is?

(...) <snip> (...) Thanks for the info, Josh! I'll confess that I haven't done more than skim it, I got lost after the first couple acronyms. :) I've bookmarked it though, so I'll certainly come back to it when I'm feeling less intimidated. The link (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How the heck do I find out what model that engine I see going by is?

(...) Heh... Yah, I guess that GE isn't too concerned about making sure people know that sleek machine going by is a (whatever), so they know what to ask about at the dealer. :) James (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Large Buildings?

(...) Your Metro Terminus was one of the buildings I was actually looking at for inspiration. Excellent job by the way. -Duane (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: First MOC Posting

Hi Robert, really nice your MOC'S. Sepecially the 8-wide maintance train with the crane-car. That train reminds me on my own 8-wide MOC's! Your engine is similar in style with the Desert Express engine I have build. I also build a european railway (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Old whistle train on ebay

(...) Hi Sonnich, I have both types of the whistle controlled trains. Set: 118 (drives in just one direction - same as 139A) and set: 138 (same as 139 wich has a IC and drives forward and backward). I got the 139A a sealed in box and it works fine (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Large Buildings?

"Duane Hess" <DNJHESS@ZDNETMAIL.COM> wrote in message news:GA9D6C.Btx@lugnet.com... (...) so (...) Take a look at my Metro Terminus (URL) is 3x2 48 stud baseplates floor area, and uses same baseplates for roof regards lawrence (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tank Car Mania Continues

Well, I have 64 of the white panels now (and I still have about 20 of the R2D2s & C3P0s after giving some to my daughters class). Brasso and Toothpaste and Goof-Off all took too long and left me with a headache. The hand sander with a light grit did (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tank Car Mania Continues

(...) <snip> (...) Nice work. If you like that sort of thing (8 wide... :-) ) or even if you don't! Thanks for sharing these. Tell us about the sanding! Did you consider using Brasso like everyone else seems to? Do you think you took much actual (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Tank Car Mania Continues

I finally managed to finish the detail on my two versions of the tank car. The first version is a standard grey tank car using 7106 Droid Escape Pod parts. The grey car is three "pod segements" long. The second car uses the same set but the white (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Royal Train Website

Stephen, Thanks again for the compliments. I don't look at Lego models as an end unto themselves, but rather as props for building scenes. Many of the buildings are false fronts or partial builds. Here's a photograph of the Downtown Winterthur scene (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: 12v Connectors

Jonathan, The copper-like material that you refer to is called "phospher bronze". It is used for applications like motor brushes and machines well. Good luck with you're replacement plans. -BMW (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How the heck do I find out what model that engine I see going by is?

(...) Ah, but the WC is great, as long as your not ripping things off, or getting in the way! Josh (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How the heck do I find out what model that engine I see going by is?

(...) Nope. The -2 means that the electrics/electronics (the control gear) is based on circuit boards, that are individually replaceable and more reliable than the older control gear. Most dash 2 models were new builds, rather than rebuilds. (...) (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How the heck do I find out what model that engine I see going by is?

And for more... My Favorite train site: (URL) off, the EMD SD's and other 6 axles... SD7, high nose: (URL) curved roof, curved fuel tank, little Dynamic Brake housing (angled vent half way along the long hood). SD9: (URL) Curved roof, curved tank, (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How the heck do I find out what model that engine I see going by is?

(...) Ah. Yes, it does. It's called the "builder's plate" and if you can find it and read it you'll know a lot about the locomotive. (who built it, what model it is, when it was built) However, railfans (not GOOD railfans) have been known to prise (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Designer (was: 'Dog Bone' - definition)

(...) So is there any active development? I for one would like to see a Linux version, and would be able to provide some help in porting it. Is that a possibility? ROSCO (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How the heck do I find out what model that engine I see going by is?

This'll be long: EMD, has an angled cab roof, and a 6 axle EMD is a SD, and a 4 axle EMD is a GP. GE, has a rounded cab roof (with the exception of the Dash 9, AC4400, and AC6000, i'll explain them later), a 6 axle is a C, and 4 is a B. EMD has (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Large Buildings?

I am currently working on a large vehicle project, but I don't want my minifgs exposed to the elements. Does anyone have any links to websites or pictures of large buildings constructed out of LEGO bricks? I am thinking along the lines of large (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Still time to enter the LEGO Train Contest

(...) For all those interested, PLEASE DO. <snip> Hi Jake. Thanks for bringing this up. Please don't consider this post an attempt to rain on TLC's parade because I'm not writing to that end. I'm not beating up on you either. In fact, I'm glad you (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Wheels

(...) block in 2x4x1 (...) standard Basic (...) wheels best out of (...) Thanks Ben ! Michael Pratt (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How the heck do I find out what model that engine I see going by is?

(...) Thanks for the responses, folks. Unfortunately, the answer is what I suspected: "you can't". :/ My level of interest isn't up to the whole slogging through photos thing yet, whether they're photos in a book, or photos on a website. You'd think (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A question about Insulation between tracks

In lugnet.trains, Ross Crawford writes: <snip> You are correct, sir. Thank you for clearing up that misconception! ++Lar (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First MOC Posting

These are great models. Thanks for posting pics! later, James Mathis (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New web page

(...) I thought the fuel truck was interesting. Stretched and low like that, it reminded me of the kind you see at airports carrying Jet A. ++Lar (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  New web page

Hi all, in case you didn't catch it the first time, my web page is up and running... (URL) anyone? -Harvey (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How the heck do I find out what model that engine I see going by is?

(...) James, I was just being a sea fish. How often do you get a chance to read the letters of the engine as it goes lumbering by. Chris (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GTA/Ontario Train Fans?

(...) Hi Guys, This is my first post on Lugnet. My wife and I are moving back to Toronto at the end of March and I'm very interested in joining your group. I've been a "Town guy" since the '70's and a "Train guy" since the mid '90's. I have mostly (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

(...) Definitely. I've got some more ideas in the fast-food chain theme. Those buildings are so instantly recognizable... The McDonald's may bite the dust for parts though. Peter (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Pics of my "Auto Hopper" unloading hopper car

(...) I still have the Tyco trucking stuff. In fact I have been looking at it to see if I could use the design. The main problem is that the way the gates are opened do not allow to let the hopper pass the station so only the last hopper can be (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact