 Trains / 10403
Re: The call of the dark side... (stickers!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 20:10:38 GMT

In lugnet.trains, David Eaton writes:
Not giving it a second thought, I went ahead and made stickers for my
greenline train... but... when I went to put them on, I realised I would be
violating all that was good and pure in the Legoverse by putting NON-LEGO
elements in my creation! So for a half an hour or so I sat there debating
whether I should do it or not. I'm gonna. (but I haven't applied them yet--
I'm too cowardly)

Wimp!!  Actually I have come to think stickers are OK (Heck I gave you the .gif
for the NELUG sticker :-).  I definitly think this is one of those OK time.

One hint though,  You might want to make the background of the train where you
apply the sticker White.  I found that with clear stickers these work best.  Of
course if you are using colored stickers I guess it doesn't much matter.

Before:
http://www.suave.net/~dave/greenline/greenline101.jpg
After:
http://www.suave.net/~dave/greenline/greenline102.jpg

The real thing:
http://www.nycsubway.org/us/boston/green/mbta-green-cleveland03.jpg
http://www.nycsubway.org/us/boston/green/mbta-green-cleveland04.jpg

All looks great to me.  Just quite giving so many props to 8 Wide!  While your
Greenline looks great it is going to look a little silly with 6 wide trains and
an 8 wide subway running at our next train show :-).  I don't want to have to
go 10 wide on my trains just so the subway looks in scale :-).

Really it looks great though.

Eric Kingsley