 Trains / 10376
Re: Palatine Show a Success for AFOLs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 01:49:55 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Brian Williams writes:
All,

Just a quick note to let everyone know that the Royal Train's appearance at
the model train show in Palatine, Illinois this weekend went well for AFOLs.
I was surprised by the turnout ranging from Joe in St. Louis to Martin from
Quebec (actually he was also in town on business).  We also had about 5 from
the Chicago area including several train nuts not aware of Lugnet yet.
Especially bizarre was the fact that Remy brought some Swiss MOCs which, in
addition to my layout and the guy next to me running Swiss N-gauge, made for
a total of three Swiss model train operators in one place simultaneously...
almost unheard of in America outside ETE meetings!  I have a few pics that
will go up on www.royal-train.com soon.

Answers to the Royal Train trivia game:
    1) The horse got to the third floor of the bakery building to demonstrate
       the pracicality of 2-stud wide stairs.
    2) The Prince was walking on water not through a biblical miracle but
       because the master builder simply ran-out of green plates! :-)

-BMW

Just want to had that Brian did a excellent job with is layout. The picture
that he post somewhere on the net are very good but seeing the real layout is
also required to see every little detail that make it a succes.

Martin