 Trains / 10343
Re: Old whistle train on ebay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 09:04:41 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Sonnich Jensen writes:
Ben you have such a set:

How does it work after 32 years???? Most electronic will break after 10
years!

Sonnich

Hi Sonnich,

I have both types of the whistle controlled trains. Set: 118 (drives in just
one direction - same as 139A) and set: 138 (same as 139 wich has a IC and
drives forward and backward).

I got the 139A a sealed in box and it works fine since then.

The 138 engine got into my collection as heavy used loose part collection. But
it still works without problems. (I'm lucky no kid ever tried to use it with
the 12V transformer!) The only problem is the missing whistle (which should
have a little different tune from 118.) With a long whistle tune the thing
drives rearwards: and it is difficult to realize this. The train starts to run
forward at any loud noise. And it stopps at the next loud noise.

Kind Regards,

Ben

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=564614214
or: