 Trains / 10409
Re: Bi-Level Commuter Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 21:05:29 GMT

I have uploaded some pictures to BrickShelf of my version of a
Kawasaki Bi-Level Commuter Car.  See:

I live in the Washington, DC area and the Kawasaki cars are operated by MARC
and VRE (the Maryland and Virginia commuter train services that serve DC).

Ah but, the Bi-levels only run on the Fredericksburg line of the VRE, not the
Manassas line.  I know, I ride the Manassas line most of the week and we get to
see the nice Bi-levels go by us at the stations in town where both lines come
together.  Funny thing though, the Fredericksburg line is frequently late, ours
almost never is, except when we get stuck behind a late Fredericksburg train
;-)

Nice pictures though.

Katie