 Trains / 10407
Re: Has anybody seen this engine before?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 20:56:17 GMT

I don't think it's a matter of copyright so much as fraud. It's not like the
kid used some else's design; he actually used a photo of someone else's
model and claimed it to be his own.

jt

In lugnet.trains, Kai Brodersen writes:
Too bad Ben didnt copyright it.  If he did he would have a case in court.
Although he could just send a nasty letter to the kid about pirating.  And
note that it isnt me in there.  My screen name is StarCrafter2.

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes:
"James J. Trobaugh" wrote:

If I was Ben I'd be pretty pissed.

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/1857/newdiesel.htm • In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
http://www.lego.com/gallery/theme/vote.asp

One of the entries is this engine, which looks somewhat familiar to me:

Ya know, funny thing.... when I read the original post I was kinda hoping it
would be one of mine. I keep thinking "when is someone going to steal my • stuff."
I feel so left out. Apparently, my work isn't good enough to steal (pout).

I think that's not too funny if someone steals your pictures. In some cases
pictures of mine have been pirated for auction purposes. I think that was even
worse than the TLC piracy.

Some people asked me if I had additional nicks on eBay, because they knew about
my pictures (I often uses the same background for lots of my pictures and
people recognise those as mine).

I have been really angry about those guys, who did that: all my stuff on the
homepage is in perfect condition and everything is fine. So the high bidder has
to think he will get perfectly mint stuff if he bid in an auction with stolen
pictures.

In one case someone auctioned "my" 7745, but he hasn't been aware that the set
on my page showed 2 middle cars! So trouble can be predicted...

If I find someone to steal my pictures I will immediately force him to delete
the pictures: if he uses even my homepage as recourse, I exchange the pictures
against something annoying, be sure I can be creative. ;-)

If the person has uploaded that picture elsewhere I contact the provider and
make them delete the picture within shortest possible time. I can be really
agressive if my rights are harmed.

I think pirating pictures is not funny in any way (even if it might be
somewhat charming). :-/

Kind Regards,

Ben