 Trains / 10365
Re: Steepest grade?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 17:15:14 GMT

In my ramp designs, I'd say 2 plates for either straight or curved is the
max for an uphill.  Make yor uphill too steep and you'll experience wheel
spin but no foreward movement and possible damageto the rail (it's happened
to me).  Downhill, on the otherhand, I personally don't like more than 2
plates but have tried three.  Trains tend to move a little too fast
(gravity) on a steep downhill.

Adrian

"Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote in message
Hi all.

What have you experienced layout creators found to be the steepest usable • grade
with Lego trains?

Thanks

ROSCO