 Trains / 10359
Re: Tank Car Mania Continues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 22:10:54 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tom Napolitano writes:
In lugnet.trains, Kai Brodersen writes:
In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile writes:
I was thinking along the same line, but haven't tried my 'still in the box
since X-mass' Dremel tool with a buffing wheel, since I don't have a
grinder/buffer. Any one tried this?

Dont, the buffer melts the plastic.  I have tried it, and it melts the
plastic.  Same with acrylic.

kai

   I had my large buffer wheel set to 300 rpm and it worked fine.
What speed were you using, may I ask?

At 300 also.  Hmm........
Do you have an older model?  I got mine a couple months ago.  Maybe the
motor has decreased its output?

In lugnet.trains, Tom Napolitano writes:
.
Thanks for sharing these. Tell us about the sanding! Did you consider using
Brasso like everyone else seems to? Do you think you took much actual
material off, or just the printing?

++Lar

   I've had success using "white rouge" buffing compound from your local
Sears or hardware store.  That and a small buffing wheel  on a bench grinder
leaves a smooth finish.  The Sears white compound is very fine.

    Contradictory as it may be, white rouge is the real name <g>.

    Tom Napolitano
      tomnap@bersama.net