 Technic / 7275
Re: New Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 10:33:27 GMT

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 19:46:24 GMT, "Thomas Avery"
<thomas.avery@intec-hou.com> wrote:

In lugnet.technic, John Barnes writes:
I'll add new items to it as ideas come to me. Any suggestions would be very
welcome.

I've thought of another part: curved beams.

<<snip>>

Also, you could make curved rack gears so that they snapped onto the curved
beams. This would allow you to make extremely large diameter gears.

Could that be achieved with the 1 x 4 rack and some hinges?

Of course it wont be perfectly round but perhaps the racks could be
mounted with a center pivot point so that they connect with the gear
never the less? Would probably be a pretty fragile gear...
/Tobbe

http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/