 Technic / 7223
Re: New Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 17:26:53 GMT

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002 15:09:35 GMT, "William Howard"
<william@howard-family.fsworld.co.uk> wrote:

I agree - but then ...

Check out my variation of Jennifer's Bobcat at
<<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=12271>> and if you look
closely at "...squeeze.jpg" you'll see that the rear axle on the left
protrudes slightly - that's because it really needs to be a 7U one - The
same is also true for the axle diagonally opposite (ie front right).  Now
look at <<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=132221>> and tell
me where I can get an axle joiner in! The offending axles are top left and
bottom right.

I said "most times" :)

I guess you can't put an half bushing between the frame and wheel thus
making the drive axles one stud wider in total, the axles could meet
half-way in the beams.

I came very, very close to the razor saw that day!  But couldn't decide if I
wanted to cut a piece of an 8U or try and make 7+3 or 7+5 from 10 and 12U
axles.

Personally I'd cut a #10 since I own more of these and typically don't
use half of them.
/Tobbe

http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/