 Technic / 7210
Re: New Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 05:32:04 GMT

I was thinking along the lines of the old planetary gearboxes where
different gear ratios could be selected by applying a brake to the
appropriate anulus.

ROSCO

"Xanthra47" <jmantor@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
We don't even need that.  Two of John's Internal gear bricks, two • carriers,
some pinions and some axels are enough for a two stage planetary set. • Drive
the first stage "sun" with a pinion on a technic gear motor, connect the
output of the 1st carrier to the sun gear in the second stage, tie the
corners of the two gear bricks together with 4 axels so that thay can't
rotate, and the output of the second carrier will be torquey enough to • break
things : )  I haven't run the numbers, but just eyeballing it the final • gear
ratio of a two stage set with John's parts would probably be in the
neighborhood of 100:1.