 Technic / 7222
RE: New Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 17:28:57 GMT

Ah, but you were asking for parts we want not fudges we can achieve!  I want
the ridge intact in the correct place!

I can make 7U axles as well!

William

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of John Barnes
Sent: 02 April 2002 17:20
To: lugnet.technic@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: New Parts

This is any easy one, the only tool you need is a pair of little electronics
type diagonal cutters like Radio Shack sell for about $5 I think - red
plastic coated handles made from die cut sheet metal.

You can use them to nip the ridge off from around the center of the 2L pins.
This enables them to be pressed right through a full width technic beam with
1/2 L sticking out each side. I do this all the time now that 1/2 width
parts are so common place.

JB

In lugnet.technic, William Howard writes:
A variation of the above where the "1/2 long side" is actually 3/4 long. • To
visualise this, take a long friction pin and put it in a full width beam so
that it projects equally.  Now put a 1/2 width studless beam/liftarm either
side of the full width beam on the friction pin.  Now cut off the excess of
the pin.  What you have left is what I want.