 Technic / 7239
Re: New Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 23:02:04 GMT

I never thought of it..but a friction version of the dark grey pin is an
awsome idea.

I find when building with straight liftarms, its very hard to create solid
connections. The liftarms dont contain studs or axle holes in which to make
them stationary.

Because of the liftarm problem just mentioned, I would like to see more thin
liftarms with axle holes. For example, there are 1X2, 1x3 and 1x4 thin
liftarms. I wish I had 5 cents for each time I needed a 1x5. I find myself
wanted to turn the triangles into this piece all the time.

I would also like to see more thin liftarms with axle holes, but these
should be bent. 2x4 and 3x5 L shape. Even 45 degree angles would be a nice
compliment to the bent thick liftarms.

I might have missed it.. but I dont think anyone spoke about the worms gears
in the thread. Why are worms gears not a standard lego size? They are
slightly less then 2 units long. I HATE this.. I use worm gears in almost
eveything I do, the worms gears create the biggest stability problem. I wish
they would make a new one. PLEASE, LEGO, FIX THE WORM GEARS!

The worm gear problem also applies to the 8 tooth gear. Ever notive how that
gear can fall slightly into a pin hole. This also drives me nuts.

-Brian