 Technic / 7200
Re: New Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 15:32:38 GMT

In lugnet.technic, John Barnes writes:
:)

How thick would the center section need to be - one plate (1/3 brick)?

Zero is hard - it'd be just a handful of little double length studs ;)

Actually not a bad idea! The (misnamed in my view) light grey "technic 1 1/2
pin" *almost* fills the bill, it almost fits inside a brick bottom, except
for it's shoulder

But plate thickness is fine. That's what THEY did in theirs.

So assuming you want some plate thinckness pieces, what size and color and
how many do you need?

Size? well, I would think 1x1 probably, you can use a few to accomplish the
direction reversal and fill in the rest of the space with regular plates, as
long as strength wasn't too much of an issue. But if it was, then bigger
sizes would be good.

color? All the major colors, I guess (any color that say, the 1x2 tile with
center top stud is available in).

quantity? Depends on the price! This is a LEGO wishlist rather than a custom
commission, presumably, so if they were priced right I could use hundreds. I
use parts because they exist so it's hard to say how many I'd use without
actually having them ad hand