 Technic / 7280
RE: New Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 16:53:47 GMT

John Barnes writes:
The little machine is a desktop milling machine supplied by
Microproto. They buy the basic mill from Taig and add all the
motors, controllers and software.

I am buying sheet stock ABS and ABS/PVC from McMaster,
cutting it into bite sized pieces and trying my hand at
making all kinds of things out of it.

Wow, the specs for the Microproto look much better than the training
machines we use in my CNC class here at school.  I think they're
Enco...not sure.  Anyway, their max RPM is 2000, which means that parts
take forever to mill, and we can only do stuff as soft or softer than
aluminum.  We also have a huge HAAS mill and lathe, but those aren't
really available for the little assignments we have.  I'm in the process
of making some aluminum 2x4 bricks, which should be kinda fun.
And a box with my logo on it:
http://home.cwru.edu/~bxl34/box.jpg
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht