 Technic / 7268
Re: New Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 22:49:09 GMT

In lugnet.technic, John Barnes writes:
Just in case anyone is interested,

The little machine is a desktop milling machine supplied by Microproto. They
buy the basic mill from Taig and add all the motors, controllers and software.

Hey, wow, are you really pleased with the Taig? How's the precision?
Microproto advertises .0005 repeatability now.

Other makers of micro-mills are Roland, Light Machines, Emco-Mayer, Enco,
but I am not aware of one as inexpensive and equivalent to the Taig. I was
told to look at Haas, but their smallest is in a different class (though
really fun to watch.)

Roland makes an MDX-3 mill suitable for ABS milling but not aluminum. The
Taig is always showing off aluminum parts (because it can?) Roland does not
advertise as good precision as Taig promises.

-Erik