 Technic / *13301 (-100)
  Re: 8455 New Technic Backhoe

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:HJAn46.1p8v@lugnet.com... (...) that's good maybe even better than my one :))) br pixel (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8455 New Technic Backhoe

(...) I created it. At first I just made the calculations step by step and then merged it all into the formula. But I found it cooler to only have the formula in the message so I deleted my calculations :) (...) I usually use; "If you have one pice (...) (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Dauphin A 365 more details and pneumatic controls

(...) I CAN'T BELIVE Marc's creation did not generate more interest!!? Also, see his original posting here (quoted below): (URL) The Helicopter is finished. I post detailled pictures on (...) Look at that heli! It's like the 8880 for helicopters! (...) (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8455 New Technic Backhoe

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:HJ8rsw.1MHC@lugnet.com... (...) did you know this formula or create it ad hoc :) i mean the question is close to the polish "proverb" it's not really proverb but you know... one stick has (...) (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Retractable landing gear

(...) I'm working on this project. The construction will begin end 2003. Hold on! (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: what parts are left over after building 8448 gull wing?

(...) A *tad* of a late reply, but take a look at this picture: (URL) what was left unused after building mine from a MISB set. (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8455 New Technic Backhoe

(...) Simple: T = (Hx2 - (Px2 + C + Sx3)) / 3 T = 13 Where; T = T-connector H = Hose P = Piston C = Pump/Compressor S = Switch Sorry, could not resist :) (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: BrickVista August Update

(...) How über-brilliant! My favorites are; Archimedes Flow Rocky's Revenge I & II Arctic Reach I Luna Explorer Can't decide which I like most, Luna Explorer or Rocky's Revenge II... Are all of those renders? Well done! I did not even think "render" (...) (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4404 Land Busters

(...) My thoughts? Well, simply put, this is one of the greatest models released in the last 2-3 years or so. The yellow color is great - more vehicles in yellow, please! The proportions are just right, and it looks kinda like a little Toyota (...) (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  BrickVista August Update

Hello all, A New month sees further refinment and improvment to the site along with the addion of a NEW area to BrickVista - Features. The first feature highlights large scale Rover wheels. Originally developed to meet the requirments of my second (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic) !!

  Inspiration: Remote controlled mini-diggers

Hi all! After having a nice lunch-stroll around the industri at wich I work I had the oppurtunity to close examine a Brokk 250: (URL) good thing about it, from a LEGO stand point, is the fact it has an umbilical cord. So it's not cheating to move (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Retractable landing gear

(...) When will we see the Corsair? :) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4404 Land Busters

(...) My first plan is to actually get the money to buy one. Then we shall see :) Your thoughts on the model, good or not? (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: 8454 inventory from box - here is it!

(...) The time has come to stop using the price per brick qote for new sets and instead use the price per stud equivalent. Horrifying. ...or perhaps have a qote between price per brick and price per stud... (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8454 inventory from box - here is it!

(...) There are some parts with studs in 8454, if you look closely. And the number of studs on all those parts combined, is 64. How many beams are there, I didn't check either. FWIW, the stud count of 8455, in the same virtue, would be 30. :) :) (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  The first LDRAW/MLCAD-made car for a computer game

I've been familiar with making 3D models for the computer game "Midtown Madness 2" for a while now, one of my more popular models being a VW Turbo New Beetle. I go by "Legoguy" at the Midtown Madness 2 Central forums ((URL)) so needless to say I (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8454 inventory from box - here is it!

(...) HUH? You mean 64 beams? And there are actually 76 beams, if you count the small ones. Probably even more. I didn't check and I don't see any studs. Steve (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8454 inventory from box - here is it!

64 studs in total ;( (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Drat Soarer (2nd lego glider)

Hi, Thanks for setting me straight on this. I had no idea. I have been studying the Wright brothers lately but only their first flight and what lead to it. I am sorry if I misguided anyone. I thought I knew. That is one of the great things about our (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  4404 Land Busters

Hi all. I just received my 4404 from S@H, and have already built and began to customize it. Just wondering, what has everyone done with (or plan to do with) their 4404. I am planning a 8466 based monster truck, but can't say much more without giving (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Drat Soarer (2nd lego glider)

Thanks every one for the help, I think I have a few propeller designs worked out. Now I just got to try them. The motor I'm planning on using is the flattie (old 9v motor). I'm going to power it with the small batter pack, its relatively light. One (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Bionicle parts For sale

Hello, I just wanted to mention that I have a few bionicle parts for sale/trade. Here is what I got: Sale: what's left of a levak head and arm. willing to part out or trade (URL) a Nuvok-kal krana bo (Copper) I want to trade for a krana-kal xa, yo, (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Kraata identification?

Hi there... Does anyone have a link to a chart where I can identify the Kraata? I have a bunch of them from the cans but no idea which is a xi, which is a ul, so forth... Thanks for any help. -Mikey (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Radial Engine 6 or 12 cyl.

(...) Thank you for this Idee, but I must find a solution for a crankshaft with 5 pins or holes. (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Drat Soarer (2nd lego glider)

there were many ideas and developments about the propellers some are mine look here (URL) generaly here (URL) also here (i hope oyo will don't mind) (URL) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8455 Rear Tires

check if your set is or isn't from czech republic (this one with faked tires) i had an info from the person from TLC about quality of sets from above country :((( i don't know if there is any information on the box but maybe the quality will tell (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: BioniWars ProboToa

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, David Laswell was too tired to type properly and forgot to include the image/link info: Sorry about that... (URL) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, FTX)

  BioniWars ProboToa

There are absolutely zero Bionicle pieces involved in this MOC...'s baseplate. If there's interest, I might post a pic showing the four seperate sections of the head. (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Roundup Mk3 MOC

It seems that everytime i put this MOC on public display, I find a good reason or two to keep improving it. I think that this is the final version, as it seems to lift quite high without slowing down and can work endlessly without any degradation in (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.town, lugnet.technic)

  Pipe Racers participants?

Hi folks, It's less than a week to BrickFest2003. I was wondering how many participants we might have for the Pipe Racers event: (URL) know a couple of guys from Toronto are bringing down Racers, are there any from the States? Don't make me drive (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8454 inventory from box - here is it!

(...) standard that the new 5 Technic sets have two booklets. The Off-Roaders (and other sets) usually had everything in one large booklet (e.g. instructions for main, alternative models, how to put in a motor, pneumatic pack etc.). There are two (...) (21 years ago, 3-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Radial Engine 6 or 12 cyl.

(...) I can't help you for a 7 or 9 point arrangement, but if you want a 5 point arrangement (like in the demo image), you can sorta cheat one by using five #5 angle-connectors linked in a ring. They aren't exactly 108 degrees, but it is possible to (...) (21 years ago, 3-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Retractable landing gear

This landing gear is inspired from the F4U Corsair. The mecanism is not 100% the same as real. Need Work. The video AVI is a DivX 5.05 format. (URL) (21 years ago, 3-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Radial Engine 6 or 12 cyl.

Today I have publish on my site a radial engine with 6 cyl. In reality most radial engine have 7, 9, 14,18 cyl. ,but I think it is not possible with Lego pieces in a small volume. I use a model team wheel 2695, 6 piston for the prototyp. The biggest (...) (21 years ago, 3-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

"Paul Krieg" <pdkrieg@epix.net> wrote in message news:HJ1wCC.12M5@lugnet.com... (...) brothers (...) he (...) the (...) completely (...) They did use a catapult: "The claim is based on disqualifying the flights made by the Wrights because "The (...) (21 years ago, 3-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8454 inventory from box - here is it!

(...) Unfortunately, I haven't built it yet. So here are so pictures of the inside of the box (I did open some of the bags, this is why the springs are in the open) (URL) instructions (URL) sticker sheet (URL) moderation: (URL) (21 years ago, 3-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Drat Soarer (2nd lego glider)

(...) (URL) (...) It was Samuel Pierpont Langley who used a catapult. His "Aerodromes" as he called them were launched from a catapult from the top of a house boat on the Potomac River. I think he spent some time IN the potomac, too. The Wright (...) (21 years ago, 3-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

"Daron" <ratasaurs@attbi.com> wrote in message news:HIxCpt.LuC@lugnet.com... (...) This is the best prop I've seen: (URL) one might be good too: (URL) this: (URL) that perhaps some one has built one for a model of an airplane. Once I figure (...) (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8454 inventory from box - here is it!

(...) WOW, cool. Yeah it was a good idea for Lego to put an Inventory on the side. Now I know what I get when I buy a set. Do you think you could take some pictures of the model? It would be really great if you could. Steve (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8455 Rear Tires

(...) No, they're not. I have both sets! The 8466's tyres and wheel hubs are MUCH bigger! The rear wheel HUBS of 8455 are the same as from the 8475 RC race buggy and 4404 Land Busters, but the tyres are completely brand new. I agree with the (...) (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  8454 inventory from box - here is it!

I received my 8454 fire truck last week. For those that want to see exactly what parts are included, here is a photo I took from the side of the box. (URL) think this is a really good idea from Lego to include this inventory on new technic sets. Not (...) (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8455 Rear Tires

That is very interesting. I have three 8466's and none of the tires are like those that came with my 8455. The material is much more plastic like rather than the rubber feel of my 8466 tires. Greg "Orion Pobursky" <orion@dontaddthis.p...ursky.com> (...) (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8455 Rear Tires

(...) I don't know. They feel alright and they're the same as the tires for 8466 which was a good set except for the unfortunate color choice. -Orion (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) It is flex system hose, the rigid version. (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) What is the grey cylindrical piece one up from the bottom in the second from the left column? It looks like it's supposed to be used in building step 2. Thanks. (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Backhoe not in my S@H Catalog

(...) Yeah it was the same for the #4095 Inventor Set in the 2nd Edition. The price of that one is $49.99 USD with a number of pieces in the 300s. I saw it at the Toy fair. (...) Oh, I was only kidding. I cannot survive without bying new Legos. And (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

"Steve Moldovanu" <wolf_hunter_03@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HIyCwM.tIp@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) Technic set #8453 was thrown in on the lower left-hand corner of p.8. I just noticed that Designer set #4098 is only listed on the back (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Backhoe not in my S@H Catalog

(...) Now that's even weirder! They actually put in the Wright Flyer! There is basically everything in there except Technic! You mean you don't even have the three mini Technic that came even earlier? Cool, they still put in the Shell Promotion sets (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Backhoe not in my S@H Catalog

"Steve Moldovanu" <wolf_hunter_03@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HIxzoI.14rG@lugnet.com... (...) 2nd (...) version? So (...) cover? That was my impression. Here is the table of contents from the Summer 2003 Catalog I have: BIONICLE pp. 4-7 (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  8455 Rear Tires

Curious if anyone else is unhappy with the quality of the rear tires on the new backhoe? I just got mine a few days ago and was seriously disappointed with them. Definitely not as nice as the usual rubber tires. Greg (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Drat Soarer (2nd lego glider)

(...) Thanks, and I want a biplane because I think its an easier design with lego then the long wings. Legos have all ways been weaker when they are spread out, even the wing design I currently use bends towards the end, if I extend it out it would (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Backhoe not in my S@H Catalog

(...) Wait a minute, you mean to say that they don't have anymore copies of the 2nd version of the catalog but they do have more copies of the Bionicle version? So if you made a catalog request, they will send the one with the Bionicle cover? That's (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Drat Soarer (2nd lego glider)

(...) Daron, Congrats on the continued development, but I don't know why you want to make a biplane, except for kicks. The most efficient wing, from a drag reducing perspective, is a long thing one (think gliders, and MacReady's man powered planes). (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cranespotting

"Dennis Bosman" <dennisbosman@hotmail.com> wrote in message (...) to (...) It may yet be possible to travel with it - Thinking about it logically, the model wouldn't be much taller or wider so it should still fit in the overhead luggage compartments (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  BioniWars: Pilot BatToa Droid

Those of you who loved the BatToa Droid should be happy with this variant. I have the Security and Command BatToa Droids designed, but I'm missing a couple pieces before they're completed. (URL) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: mini-review of #8455

(...) My bad...I didn't realize that 3 cylinders was realistic. Even more kudos to Lego on a great set! Dave (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Drat Soarer (2nd lego glider)

My second glider, Drat Soarer, is now up: (URL) Here are some two links to larger pictures: (2 URLs) Its final glide distance was a max of 31ft, average under good temperatures 30ft. I figured out that if its really hot out (its been about 100 (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Backhoe not in my S@H Catalog

"Steve Moldovanu" <wolf_hunter_03@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HIuFCE.18KE@lugnet.com... (...) catalog (...) Here is Lego's response: "We did send two different issues of the Summer catalog. Unfortunately, we do not have extras of the issue (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cranespotting

(...) Well, it was just a thought, but now I realize it's not possible for you to travel with it. Or you have to keep one of your other models at home ;-) (...) Well, recently I saw on TV a few shots of the movie. I saw a lot comparisons to the 2nd (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A good use for the Hailfire Droid wheels

That's one of the most intriguing designs I've seen lately. As soon as I get my Hailfire droid wheels, I'm going to make a coal dump for my train yard. It would also be good for a train turntable. Rob "David Wegmuller" <david@wegmuller.org> wrote in (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  A good use for the Hailfire Droid wheels

Hi, As soon as I saw these big wheels, I knew that there has to be a way to use them as part of a roller bearing to support a big crane... So here it is (the bearing only, the crane will take a bit more time): (3 URLs) The wheels were too small to (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  BioniWars: DesToayer Droid

Three legs...three eyes...why don't they have three arms? Must not have read John Christopher's Tripod series... Anyways, it's positively dwarfed by the BatToa Droid, but here's the DroiToaka: (URL) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New Mecha - Technic Rabbit - The Rumble Bunny

(...) Chris, its always cool having you check my stuff out, I remember your encouragement when I was building the GG Mech and all of the other MOCs, Thanks. I have some yellow parts I have been looking at. I may work with that color next. We'll see. (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Lego Glider

(...) Thanks, I actually changed the design of the tail plus the COG of the plane so now the flight distance is up to 20feet :) I'm not posting pics of the modified version, however the new version that I'm working on will feature the modified tail, (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Lego Glider

(...) Thanks! (...) Thanks, its one of my favorite robots. It was fun to watch, a pain to program. (just long and tidious programming). (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Glider

Excellent choice of parts for the wing surface! Good deal, 18 feet? not bad, Looks like the prize goes to you! Congrats. Hey cool site too! & Thanks for featuring my robot. :) e (URL) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Lego Glider

An impressive achievement ! I also had a look to your other robots, I especially liked your knoting bot ((URL) - for sure a first too ! Philo www.philohome.com (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8455 cost $99.99 or $89.99 and 8454 cost 69.99 or $59.99?

(...) Wow thank you. That's pretty cool. I guess it's something kind of promotion because Lego released more than 100 sets this year. Steve (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8455 cost $99.99 or $89.99 and 8454 cost 69.99 or $59.99?

(...) Yea I know. Someone already told me earlier but thanks anyway. I kinda suspected it might be that but I also thought it might be an error so I needed some clarification. Since those are just scans, I don't know any catalog code. :( I guess I (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8455 cost $99.99 or $89.99 and 8454 cost 69.99 or $59.99?

(...) Hi Steve, Here is the deal: when you place an order online with S@H, on the bottom of the order form there is a spot to enter a catalog code (found on the back of the catalog, near your address). Once you type in the code the two set prices (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Backhoe not in my S@H Catalog

(...) That's a good idea. (...) and (...) Those sets are newer than the Technic ones. Weird that they have the Discovery ones and no Technic. Oh by the way, the 2nd version has shuttle, monkey tram, amd at-at on the cover. (...) From these scans I (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Backhoe not in my S@H Catalog

"Steve Moldovanu" <wolf_hunter_03@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HIu97B.23Dy@lugnet.com... (...) I live in Ohio. Maybe I'll fire off an email to S@H and ask for a catalog with the Backhoe in it. (...) cover and (...) I have the one with the (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8455 cost $99.99 or $89.99 and 8454 cost 69.99 or $59.99?

(...) HUH? Do you live in North America or in another country? U.S.A. already received the Summer 2003 Catalog, there are two versions, one with the Bionicle cover and one with many themes put together. I can't explain the 2nd version because I have (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cranespotting

"Dennis Bosman" <dennisbosman@hotmail.com> wrote in message (...) Would be (...) Sounds like an interesting project, and I'd be mad to deny I hadn't thought of it, although it may not fit into the hand luggage compartment of the aircraft so well as (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cranespotting

(...) Well Jennifer, Have you plans to convert your tri-axle DEMAG into a five-axle version? Would be great! About the movie: isn't it a copy of Terminator II? I mean: the same story, a good guy and a bad guy (a woman in this case)? Dennis (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  BioniWars: 4-LOB

I'll let those of you who are real Star Wars fans figure out what the name stands for. You can even pretend the "B" stands for "Bricks", if you absolutely need to. (URL) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: new pneumatic switch leaks

I've had three QA problems recently that I hadn't had before with Lego. 1) Set #7469 was missing a 1x4 gray brick (used as the base of the gantry tower) and a page in the instruction booklet required the publication of a black & white errata (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: new pneumatic switch leaks

(...) Another example of bad QA by Lego. I received my 8455 too but for me it's pneumatic cylinder that is defective. :( (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8455 cost $99.99 or $89.99 and 8454 cost 69.99 or $59.99?

Which catalog are you looking at? My most recent S@H catalog is Summer 2003 and the only Technic set in it is #8453 on page 8. "Steve Moldovanu" <wolf_hunter_03@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HI70r7.7uz@lugnet.com... (...) noticed (...) it is (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Glider

The CAD is up on my website: (URL) You can download it from the homepage under "new cads", the gliders own page under projects, or under the download section. The file is 242kb, it includes all the needed information. Its my first CAD so I kinda (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  RE: Cranespotting

(...) brief (...) AC100 (...) terrain (...) Me Too! (...) heard on (...) gets (...) (with (...) I saw the movie, this scene was great, but I was not happy with the ending of the movie.........go see it for yourself...;-) I do not remember what model (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: mini-review of #8455

I agree totally with you. 8455 is the best pneumatic set ever and one of the best technic sets ever. Many modern diesel powered tractors have 3 cylinder engines. Gary (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  mini-review of #8455

Like many others I have been lamenting the recent decline Lego Technic and longing for the days of Supercar #8880 and Space Shuttle #8480. I was happy that Lego re-released the Pneumatic Crane #8460 last year (as #8431), but at the same time (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cranespotting

(...) Hey! Where've you been? Glad you're still around :-) I've not seen the movie yet, but I'm excited about that chase scene. I heard on a radio show that it was quite spectacular. The terminator (Arnold) somehow gets stuck on the end of the boom (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Cranespotting

I just saw some clips from the new Terminator III movie, and from the brief glimpse of the chase scene it looks like the crane is a Demag, probably an AC100 or AC120. Can anyone confirm or deny this? :-) Regardless, having an all terrain crane as (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Glider

(...) Thanks, I'm making the CAD of the glider today and hopefully within the next two weeks I will have a new version. Oh and by the way today on the Lego Mindstorms Offical Site, Lego gave my glider special mention :) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Lego Glider

(...) THAT would be something spectacular! A powered airplane, built entirely from Lego... Wow, just the thought of it boggles the mind. Good luck! JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Lego Glider

(...) Thanks, I'm going to start looking at some of the first air planes and some of the newer planes that use less power and have very efficiant designs. Hopefully I will be able to find one that works and actually leads to Lego powered flight. (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Glider

Hi Daron, Congratulations! A great achievent! It's exciting to see all of the ideas and progress that is made by people around the globe. It's much like the progress that lead to real powered flight a century ago. I will not be the one to say that (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Glider

Thanks! :) Hopefully newer versions will glide even further. (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Glider

(...) Ya, they are just flat, I tried an aerodynamic shape right at first but my design kept not working so I went to the flat design. The next version most likely will have an aerodynamic design though. (...) Thanks, rubber powered planes are one (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Glider

(...) Daron, Wow, that's cool, one more thing done that I didn't think was possible in Lego. Thanks, George (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Glider

so we've got the winner :)) looking on the pictures i assume the flat pannels are realy flat i mean the don't have the aerodynamic shape? when i've been taking about the plane with oyo i did tell him to use strong plastic (ie from the folder) to (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  New Mecha - Technic Rabbit - The Rumble Bunny

Hey everybody, I built a curious creation, it's my first reversed knee Mecha. "Strange" doesn't even begin to cover it. I finally got a chance to use some of the White and Dark Grey Parts that I had around for the longest. :P (URL) In the fine (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  What'd UP .Technic!

Yo Yo, I mean, ehem, .Technic !!! Looking forward to seeing all the Technic Goodness at Brick Fest! Yay! e New Technic Frame Rabbit Mecha The Rumble Bunny (URL) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Lego Glider

I just finished an all lego glider. Well actually the vertical part of the tail is paper, however it would be easy to replace that with paper from a lego book, I would just rather not do that unless I have to. The wings, body and the rest of the (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic) !

  Re: 8455 predicted?

(...) Maybe if they'd released a grader instead of a backhoe... (...) Eh, somewhat. If it's in the 8000 range, it's probably Technic. If it's in the 1000 range, it's probably a promotional release (McD's Happy Meal toy, Kabaya, etc.). If it's in the (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Hailfire + Spybotics

A little exercise in studless beams construction: grafting of Hailfire Droid wheels on a Spybotics. Brickshelf folder (post mod): (URL) links: (URL) to .../hsb13.jpg Wheel angle can be easily changed, modifying stability. Pilot and rear thrusters (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.technic)

  Technica?

Howdy Technic fans, Does anyone have any info on Jim Hughes' Technica reference site? It's been down for a while, and I've been unsuccessful in contacting him. thanks, TJ (21 years ago, 26-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  8455 predicted?

Hi out there - just fell over this thread today: (URL) must be categorized as the best guess in a long time - or is there a system as to assign numbers to the sets? play on and on and on and on... (21 years ago, 26-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact