 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8338
Re: new pneumatic switch leaks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 03:40:50 GMT

I've had three QA problems recently that I hadn't had before with Lego.

1) Set #7469 was missing a 1x4 gray brick (used as the base of the gantry
tower) and a page in the instruction booklet required the publication of a
black & white errata supplement page.  Instead of the 1x4 gray brick, a 1x3
gray brick was included instead.

2) Set #2531 was purchased MIB, and when I built it the little truck was
missing a white 1x2 plate.

Anyone know if Lego uses Counting Scales to verify that a set contains the
proper pieces?  I know of a company that sells high capacity scales for
industrial applications that could detect the difference between a 1x4 brick
and a 1x3 brick in a bag of parts going through the assembly line.  Here is
more info (in case Lego is reading this *hint* *hint*):

    http://www.mt.com/mt/filter_link/pf.jsp?m=t&tr=Y4MzU3MzcwMS1Q_D

I've found though that the Lego Replacement Parts people do a decent job of
fixing the errors:

http://www.lego.com/eng/service/faq.asp?id=PartsReplacement&language=2057

The first time I contacted them online, I was reporting a broken piece (a
1x8 gray plate had split on one end) and they sent me a nice letter along
with two replacements (I only requested one).

The second time I filled out the form was for the missing 1x2 - this time
they just sent a piece with no letter.

...and I'm still waiting on my 1x4 brick.

"Stephane Simard" <plague@videotron.ca> wrote in message
to make a long trial and error process short, I narrowed it down to a
leaky pneumatic switch.

Another example of bad QA by Lego.

I received my 8455 too but for me it's pneumatic cylinder that is
defective. :(