 Technic / 11053
Re: 8454 inventory from box - here is it!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 2003 21:57:31 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Stéphane Simard wrote:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/WhPlague/8454-Fire-truck/8454_inventory.jpg

WOW, cool. Yeah it was a good idea for Lego to put an Inventory on the side. Now
I know what I get when I buy a set. Do you think you could take some pictures of
the model? It would be really great if you could.

Unfortunately, I haven't built it yet. So here are so pictures of the inside of
the box (I did open some of the bags, this is why the springs are in the open)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/WhPlague/8454-Fire-truck/8454_bricks.jpg

The instructions

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/WhPlague/8454-Fire-truck/8454_instructions.jpg

The sticker sheet

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/WhPlague/8454-Fire-truck/8454_stickers.jpg

After moderation:

Brickshelf has some problems now but the deep links worked. I see that it became
standard that the new 5 Technic sets have two booklets. The Off-Roaders (and
other sets) usually had everything in one large booklet (e.g. instructions for
main, alternative models, how to put in a motor, pneumatic pack etc.). There are
two more things that are weird. Firstly, I think Lego is making the box bigger
than it needs to be. I mean I don't know about all of them but that's what seems
with the 8453  Front-End Loader. The picture is actually a little bigger than
the set and when I opened it, there was a lot of empty space around. I see
that's the same for all of the sets. Secondly, if you looked inside the
instructions, I think you would notice that the instructions are a little bit
different. Instead of drawn-like pics, it is more like computer-generated pics.

Steve