 Technic / 11038
Re: Backhoe not in my S@H Catalog
Newsgroups:
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 20:25:55 GMT

Discovery Sets pp. 36-37
Wright Flyer (back cover)

Now that's even weirder! They actually put in the Wright Flyer! There is
basically everything in there except Technic! You mean you don't even have the
three mini Technic that came even earlier?

Technic set #8453 was thrown in on the lower left-hand corner of p.8.  I
just noticed that Designer set #4098 is only listed on the back side of the
S@H envelope.  Designer sets #4096 and #4401 are not listed.  Inventor set
#4095 has a set number, but no price and the "sneak preview" icon along with
"Coming In September 2003!".

Yeah it was the same for the #4095 Inventor Set in the 2nd Edition. The price of
that one is $49.99 USD with a number of pieces in the 300s. I saw it at the Toy
fair.

Perhaps the other catalog was for "preferred customers" or something. That
might account for the lower prices.  Many retailers do this.

If Lego actually did that. I would boycott Lego. That's the stupidiest thing.
"Preferred Customers'???? Since when did Lego choose to have some favourite
costumers just because maybe they bought a lot of sets.

Boycott Lego?  It's a common business practice.  As far as boycotting
companies based on my personal treatment by them, Lego would be last on my
list.  I've experienced over two decades of quality service for a quality
product - and I've never been dissapointed by or wished that I hadn't
purchased a particular set.

Anyway, the preferred customers thing was just a guess.  I'd like to see
them release a catalog that focuses on Technic, Designer, Model Team,
Inventor, & Mindstorms items almost exclusively.

Oh, I was only kidding. I cannot survive without bying new Legos. And what I
said was only IF  Lego did that but I'm pretty sure they don't. It was only an
"IF".

Steve