 Technic / 10995
Re: Lego Glider
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:13:49 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Daron Williams wrote:
I just finished an all lego glider. Well actually the vertical part of the tail
is paper, however it would be easy to replace that with paper from a lego book,
I would just rather not do that unless I have to. The wings, body and the rest
of the tail are all made from lego parts, the blue parts are the "solar panels"
from the Mars Exploration Rover:#7471. Here is a link to the gliders page:

http://www.dratrobotics.com/dratg.html

And here are links to larger versions of two of the pictures:

http://www.dratrobotics.com/drat6vb.jpg
http://www.dratrobotics.com/drat5vb.jpg

This glider can glide for about 18.5ft, that was its average glide distance. I
will be making a CAD of it soon. The movies are not very good, I had to use the
camera from the lego vision command set, and unfortulently the glider moves to
fast to be seen clearly by the camera. Well all comments are of course welcome,
I will try to answer any questions.

I'm currently working on a new version that will eliminate the need for the
paper part of the tail.

Daron,

Wow, that's cool, one more thing done that I didn't think was possible in Lego.

Thanks,

George