 Technic / 11060
Re: Drat Soarer (2nd lego glider)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 00:41:49 GMT

Thanks every one for the help, I think I have a few propeller designs worked
out. Now I just got to try them. The motor I'm planning on using is the flattie
(old 9v motor). I'm going to power it with the small batter pack, its relatively
light. One thing that should help is that once the motor is on I can remove the
tire that I have been using as a counter balance to keep level flight. This
means that the wieght increase will not be as bad but it will still be tough to
make it fly. I might look into those CO2 cartidges but I would rather stick to
all lego if I can, later I want to build a hybrid plane but first I want to go
all lego. I will think about the catapult idea though I'm not sure if I will use
it or not. Basically now I'm just going to test out different plane designs and
hopefully one of them will work. I'm also looking into a design that would gain
lift by having a heli type prop on the top, tipped forward so hopefully it might
give enough lift plus forward momentum to fly. Any more comments are welcomed,
I'm still a long way away from building one that works, if its possible.