 Technic / 11006
RE: Cranespotting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:11:30 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jennifer Clark wrote:
I just saw some clips from the new Terminator III movie, and from the • brief
glimpse of the chase scene it looks like the crane is a Demag, probably an • AC100
or AC120. Can anyone confirm or deny this? :-) Regardless, having an all • terrain
crane as part of a car chase seems like a great idea to me!

Hey! Where've you been? Glad you're still around :-)

Me Too!

I've not seen the movie yet, but I'm excited about that chase scene. I • heard on
a radio show that it was quite spectacular. The terminator (Arnold) somehow • gets
stuck on the end of the boom as it rotates. It goes sideways as the crane
barrels down a city street, and the boom end smashes through buildings • (with
Arnold firmly attached on the end).

I saw the movie, this scene was great, but I was not happy with the ending
of the movie..........go see it for yourself...;-)

I do not remember what model crane it was, BUT, they were not going to do
the scene because of cost, Arnold asked how much for the scene and was told
1.5 or 2 million and he said "I'll pay for it!"

GO ARNOLD!

Sharkey