 Star Wars / 2893
Re: Adding fuel to the fire
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 15:33:21 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jeff Stembel writes:

All living cells, both plant and animal,
have common components, but don't remember enough biology/
zoology to remember if they are "essential."

Paradoxically, if they *are* lifeforms (micro-organisms), how can they be
"essential" to *all* life?  Wouldn't they also, then, need themselves?

Oh, sure, trot out some recursive definition for them ;-)  They probably feed
on phytoplankton or twinkies or something.  Or, they could be made of ABS
plastic and are not, technically, alive.  I want an official LEGO midichlorian!