 Star Wars / 3136
Re: "There are always possibilities" (possible braod Ep. II Spoilers)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 02:15:39 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Sonny Sidhu writes:

And in the victory parade, weren't the Gunga (Gungans?) just a bit, umm,
funky?  As in, "get down, get funky".

Did anyone know that in Sanskrit, "gunga" means "water"? Like the Ganges
River, which the locals call the Gunga. And "Gungan" means "of water" or
"underwater" in some dialects. I guess that's the logic for naming them that.
Just thought y'all would like to know.
I read in the Arts section of The Columbus Dispatch a few weeks ago and found
an article on Episode I. It said that Lucas's two year old son came up with the
name "Gungan"...
Greg
citrusx__@yahoo.com
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dome/1888/