 Star Wars / 2913
Re: "There are always possibilities" (possible braod Ep. II Spoilers)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 01:22:02 GMT

Tom McDonald <radiotitan@spamcake.yahoo.com> wrote in message

It is also quite likely the theatre in which I saw the movie twice(1) • suffers
from an inferior sound system, but I thought all that was supposed to be • taken
care of.

Well, I can tell you for certain a "superior" sound system will do you no
better.  The one I was in (along with only about 30 other peple) was so loud
my ears rang for about 2 hours after the movie, and the next morning I had a
pounding headache.

And I STILL found the dialog horrible.  But I have several friends who are
either speech or hearing impaired, and I was able to pick up most of the
dialog.  But it was mostly a pick and fill in kind of thing.  Kinda like
Tolkien wrote in The Hobbit "Thag you very buch".  If you read it knowing
the person who said that had a cold, you can figure it out quite easily.

But, I agree with the person who said that JJB had too much of an "Uncle
Tom's Cabin" kind of accent.  I was just waiting for a "Massuh" or a
"Yeesuh" thrown in there.

Kevin B
aka Battlehammer