 Star Wars / 2868
Re: "There are always possibilities"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 18:32:37 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, David Simmons writes:
How often can it be argued that a sequel is as good or better than the
original?

-- Terry K --

Aliens is one of the exceptions.

I'll argue with that :)  IMO, they were too different: Alien was really a
haunted house picture, and Aliens was an adventure/shoot-'m-up flick.

Also:

Empire Strikes Back (duh!)

"All too easy.."

ST II The Wrath of Khan

Definitely agree there.

Dawn of the Dead

Both the first and the second movie have to have a real plot in order to
compare them ;)

Bride of Chucky (better than the first three!)

Someone actually saw that? Wow.

I'm sure there are a few I'm missing.

That's okay. I'm missing them too. I have a good memory, but sometimes my
recall is shot.

-Tom McD.
when replying, you don't want a sequel to spamcake. trust me.