 Star Wars / 2845
Re: Adding fuel to the fire
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 06:15:27 GMT

On Sun, 6 Jun 1999 04:26:36 GMT, "Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Joey Feland writes:
Just ran across this over at Cinescape On-line (www.cinescape.com).
Of course you should just take it at face value:)- Joey

Leo/Anakin Rumor Non-Denial

<snip>

producer Rick McCallum addressed the Leonardo DiCaprio
as Anakin Skywalker casting rumors ... and he didn't rule it
out. "Both George and I love Leo's work, but we haven't even
begun casting yet for Episode II, and won't until September
or October," the producer said.

To add more, I'll point out that there used to be rumours- widespread,
longstanding rumours- that Kenneth Brannagh was going to play Obi-Wan Kenobi.
For a while (like, 6 years ago) they gave the same lines as above- "We haven't
begun casting, we don't know" etc.  However, by this time in production, they
were flat-out denying the rumours.  So, you'd think if he wasn't in the running
at all- for whatever reason- they'd just plain say it.  They aren't shy about
it.

Personally, I'm of the school that it wouldn't be *so* bad.

eric

Is the world ready for Leo to be an action hero?  Should we reserve judgement
on that question until we see his performance in the upcoming movie?  (What's
it called?  "The Beach"?)

From the previews it looks like he is all buffed-up and studly.  I am sure all
the critics are eagerly awaiting this one.  :-)

-- Terry K --