 Star Wars / 2818
2817  |  2819
Subject:
Adding fuel to the fire
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 17:04:55 GMT

Just ran across this over at Cinescape On-line (www.cinescape.com).
Of course you should just take it at face value:)- Joey

Leo/Anakin Rumor Non-Denial
To those of you Star Wars fans who hold a grudge against
Leonardo DiCaprio for mesmerizing teen girls everywhere
enough to play a big factor in Titantic's smashing of Star
Wars' box office record: Start panicking. In a chat last night,
producer Rick McCallum addressed the Leonardo DiCaprio
as Anakin Skywalker casting rumors ... and he didn't rule it
out. "Both George and I love Leo's work, but we haven't even
begun casting yet for Episode II, and won't until September
or October," the producer said. For the record, the Insider
loves the idea of Leo as Anakin. He's a great young actor
(he certainly looks young enough to play 19), and he looks
enough like Jake Lloyd for it to work. Backing up
McCallum's claim that nothing is going on the casting front
(at least as far as DiCaprio is concerned), were similar
sentiments expressed by DiCaprio's reps to yours truly last
week.