 Star Wars / 2876
Re: "There are always possibilities"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 23:40:41 GMT

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999 16:32:33 GMT, blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve Bliss) wrote:

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999 06:05:05 GMT, legoverse@geocities.com (Terry K) wrote:

Not because of Titanic, but because of his other directing credits, Aliens and
T2.   How often can it be argued that a sequal is as good or better than the
original?

_Aliens_ was better than _Alien_?  No way.  _Alien_ was a great
suspense/horror flick.  _Aliens_ was Rambo in outer space.

Never saw T or T2, so can't comment on those.

Steve

Aw, come on, Steve.  I am not categorically saying Aliens was "better" than
Alien.  But definately just as good in its own way.  And sure they were
different - something that was good IMO.  I think it would have been
disappointing if they had tried to rehash the first movie.  Instead, Cameron
took it in another direction - the "Rambo" one - and it worked.
I won't even talk about Alien 3.  :-(
Or the ever so slightly better (but still disappointing) Resurrection.

You have never seen T or T2.  Oh_My_Gawd!
T is a classic, a real gem.  And like Aliens, Cameron took T2 somewhat in the
Rambo direction - but what fun!    Geez, man,  Indulge yourself.  Take the kids
to a sitter and rent the movies.  :-)

I just saw ST-EP1 again today, and found myself getting annoyed at many of GL's
inclusions of "cute" stuff.  Those lighthearted, humorous moments really
detract from the experience, IMO.   I really hope the next episode is more
serious - which would be a good reason to have Cameron direct.   If they are
going to depict the Republic embroiled in the clone wars, I would hope they get
a director who is adept at creating a visceral, edge-of-your-seat, yes - even
Rambo-esque - excitement.

Enough of the pandering to 6 to 10 year-olds who want 'cute'.

-- Terry K -
Like any of that is going to happen.  Hah!