 Star Wars / *11298 (-100)
  Re: Harry Potter Minifig MOC

WoW, that’s a fabulous ‘cloak!’ it's Star Wars caliber… Perhaps in early 2002 with the second installment of Star Wars, Lego may introduce cloaks to supplement the minifig garb instead producing those ubiquitous black capes. Oh, and the face is (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.starwars)

  Huge Y-Wing

i've finally uploaded the pictures of my y-wing on my homepage. go check it out; i think you all will like it. any comments are gladly welcome, so lmkwyt... (link below) Adios, 8^) Brucey-Wan Visit My Site - (URL) (23 years ago, 1-May-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Bricks 'n Bits

The latest batch of questions is onsite now, I know you're all chomping at the bit to see what it looks like this time . . . Tim Saupé Webmaster, "From Bricks to Bothans" Your Star Wars LEGO News Source (URL) (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ebay and "black stormtrooper"

(...) I've noticed it, but it's probably due to a lack of knowledge more than anything. If you're not a Star Wars fan, that's all that the TIE Pilots would probably look like to you. mo www.galacticbrick.com (23 years ago, 29-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ebay and "black stormtrooper"

(...) Yes, that is what I was talking about. I was wanting to know how meny people have seen this incorrectly labeled. --Kevin (23 years ago, 29-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ebay and "black stormtrooper"

(...) Do you mean the TIE pilot that comes with the TIE LEGO model? He is essentially a copy of the white Stormtrooper, but in black. He's got a brown head too, but no face. -Aaron- (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Ebay and "black stormtrooper"

I was wanting to know how many of you have seen "black stormtroopers" for sale on Ebay or some where else. They are labled on the first page of the instrutions. Any how I was just whanting to know how many people have seen this. thanx --Kevin W. (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Darth Maul - pretender to the throne :)

A candid shot taken while Maul was in lightsabre training - (URL) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Contest for the die-hards

Hey all, just thought I'd spread news of the Galactic Pics contest underway now at Galactic Brick (www.galacticbrick.com). Why? Because I'd rather do this than go to bed right now. Ciao, mo (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Minifig Head with Darth Maul pattern - 3626bpDM.dat

Great rendering. After checking my two Darth Maul mini-figs (how'd I only end up w/two?), I'm here to report that they show no signs of premature wrinkling (aka extra lines). mo www.galacticbrick.com Your Star Wars LEGO Connection (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Hard Plastic Wheels

Can anyone give a Castlehead a clue as to which of the (not terribly helpfully named) PartsRef parts 2593 Wheel Hard-Plastic Medium or 6118 Wheel Hard-Plastic Small is the 4 x 4 x 3 wheel which (in duplicate) is in the Mos Espa Podrace set? Thanks, (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

Well I'm scared. As for the extra lines I'm checking all 30 of my Darth Maul heads later. -- Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D. "Daniel Crichton" <danielc@helio.co.uk> wrote in message news:GCFBwq.MDr@lugnet.com... (...) ttp://news.lugnet.co...ts/?n=2556 - (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Minifig Head with Darth Maul pattern - 3626bpDM.dat

Just posted my first part to (URL) - minifig head with Darth Maul pattern, just optional lines missing. If anyone has any comments about this please let me know. BTW: the pattern is based on the later Darth Maul head, the first Sith Infiltrator I (...) (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Modified minifigs

"Steven Lane" <Steveroblane@aol.com> wrote in message news:GCDB3t.6w0@lugnet.com... (...) How about using a design similar to the female pirate torso - quite a "curvy" figure for a flat surface :) I'd love to see the Ninja done, but a minifig is a (...) (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Modified minifigs

(...) Me and the other respondant had given up on this thread. We both posted about two weeks ago and finished it off via E-mail. Mei-ling's a good idea but I'd prefer Sniper Wolf although I don't think you could do the clevage justice on a mini-fig (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Best Source For Tie 7181?

(...) Well, the best chance for getting either of those sets REALLY cheap was after Christmas. Target had some ridiculous clearances! I ended up getting the UCS X-Wing set for about $50 and the UCS TIE Interceptor for $25! The clearance prices (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Best Source For Tie 7181?

Hi Stefan, I don't realy think that a video card is a good alternativ for Lego, but ... If you change your mind and decide to come to Flensburg, Sunday is a good day to come. This sunday is the day of the beer in Flensburg, guess what, lots of (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Best Source For Tie 7181?

Hi! Christian schrieb: (...) No UCS at all at our local "real" :-( Well, that's sad for the LEGO fan, but good for the computer nerd in me since I can use the money for the orignal intention, which is a new video card. Although I like Flensburg, I (...) (23 years ago, 24-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG Naboo Royal Cruiser?

I wouldn't be surprised if they stick to the main characters completely, and ignore everyone else. Why? Two very depressing words: Desert Skiff. Or Imperial AT-ST. That, and I've got enough Qui-gons to have my own version of the clone wars. So much (...) (23 years ago, 24-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 3416 ~ womens team

(...) Clone Wars spoiler: It looks like Organa is taking a penalty against... Organa?!? In Episode VI, the Super Special edition: LUKE: The Force is strong in my family. My father has it...I have it...and...my sisters have it. The Leias stare into (...) (23 years ago, 24-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Modified minifigs

Hey, I'd love to see a Snake mini-fig. Complete with flowy red bandana. That would be something. A Mei-Ling mini-fig would be cool, too. Hind gunship? Can't wait to see the pics. :) mo www.galacticbrick.com Your Star Wars LEGO Connection (...) (23 years ago, 24-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 3416 ~ womens team

(...) OH MY! I think you just gave away a spolier about Episode II...! --Todd (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG Naboo Royal Cruiser?

If they did, it would seem common sense to introduce a Queen Amidala mini-fig as well (I'd root for it on those grounds alone). Of course, LEGO could introduce the fig without the cruiser, and well...who knows? My guess is chances for the set are (...) (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG Naboo Royal Cruiser?

(...) considering that it is not a central role vehicle, and would be quite large/expensive and that so few stores carried the Hasbro model due to price and lack of overall popularity. I think that if they do it, it will likely be in the UCS series, (...) (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Best Source For Tie 7181?

(...) I have to agree with the others on this one, but for different reasons. I like the parts selection on the Tie, mainly the 8x8 waffle plates. I like thse for ship decking, it's open and lighter tham most. I think it looks cool. The Tie supplies (...) (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Best Source For Tie 7181?

(...) Hi Stefan, I don't realy know why they are at such a low price. OK, the boxes don't look to good, but they are unopend, so it was OK for me. I don't think it is there regular price, they are just selling the last couple of them. On Monday, the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Best Source For Tie 7181?

Hi! Christian schrieb: (...) Argha... umpf. Sorry, but I just fell off my chair, bumped my head and was unconscious for a few minutes. Okay, where in Germany do you live, was it some special offer or is this their regular price for these sets? This (...) (23 years ago, 20-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Hey all, new SW LEGO fan site

Thanks for the feedback, all. For large, beefy updates, I'll probably drop word in this NG every now and then. Otherwise, www.galacticbrick.com is updated 3-5 days a week. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Best Source For Tie 7181?

Hi Roy, I have recently bought both, and I like both. For the price, a German retail chain (Real) has them for a realy good price. 120 DM (roughly $ 55) for 7181 and 170 DM ($ 78) for the X-Wing. Christian "Roy Wood" <roy@centricsystems.ca> wrote in (...) (23 years ago, 19-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Best Source For Tie 7181?

I prefer the TIE much better in terms of the quality of design. The floppy action of the s-foils on the X-Wing (to say nothing of the poor engineering design) caused me to break it down rather quickly whereas I kept the TIE together much longer (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  New (old) TIE Fighter Animation

I have just uploaded, to Brickshelf, an animation that I made four years ago. There is a picture of the model I used, it looks pretty bad compared to the set Lego came out with, but in 1997 I had the peices to build it. There are also three stills (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Best Source For Tie 7181?

(...) IMO, 7181 is better in terms of model accuracy than 7191, but 7191 has a better selection of parts. james (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Best Source For Tie 7181?

Considering how much I like the UCS X-Wing, I'm still tempted by the UCS Tie Interceptor (7181). Anyone have any comments as to how it compares to the X-Wing, or the best/cheapest source for one? -Roy (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Hey all, new SW LEGO fan site

I checked it out too...I found it easy to navigate, Also keeping a Han Solo mini-fig definetly makes me feel more manly....good work! Eric (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Hey all, new SW LEGO fan site

(...) I am honestly very impressed with this site. I found the content both informative and funny, which aside from really good original mocs, is the sort of thing that brings me back regulary to a good site. The minifig and set reviews were very (...) (23 years ago, 17-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2002/Episode II Info

(...) I was just about to post this myself. Unfortunately, its not information that anyone couldn't have guessed from the info available about the ships. At this point a better question about the new sets will be what the large sets will be and (...) (23 years ago, 17-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  2002/Episode II Info

Hey- Just read a report on TheForce.Net about 2002/Episode II sets. Don't know where it came from, but it certainly jives with other Episode II info I've heard, and makes sense. (URL) bother to follow the link if you're hyper-sensitive to Spoiler (...) (23 years ago, 17-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Hey all, new SW LEGO fan site

(...) Great site, great site name. Needs to go under LUGNET's SW LEGO links, IMHO. --DaveL (23 years ago, 17-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Hey all, new SW LEGO fan site

That's a great site you have there Monica! Very nicely done! I like the eBay & Lego Mill links and the simple layout. I'll be checking in often! Kevin (...) (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  TLG Naboo Royal Cruiser?

Does anyone know if TLG plans to produce the Queen's cruiser. Todd Amacher SILICON PSYCHE (URL) (23 years ago, 15-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Hey all, new SW LEGO fan site

Howdy - thought I'd drop word of my Star Wars LEGO fan site: www.galacticbrick.com, AKA Galactic Brick. Take a moment to check it out and let me know what you think (or what you don't think, eh.) (23 years ago, 14-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  re: SOURCE mag....

hi everyone.....it's Jono.... Just thought i'd mention that lego has made its way into SOURCE magazine....yes, the Hip-Hop culture magazine. I though this was pretty cool. Jono (2cents) (23 years ago, 14-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: steve barkers amazing podracer!!!!

(...) love the F-14 Tomcat he made - I've made one myself in the past but not anywhere near the quality of his. Steve? Y'out there? :) Joel J (23 years ago, 12-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Lego BLOCKS and star wars in Yahoo mag.

(...) This might be what you are looking for: (URL) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Lego BLOCKS and star wars in Yahoo mag.

Hi all, I was looking throught the april 2001 edition of Yahoo! Internet life (with Angelina Jolie on the cover) and I found not one, but two different references to Legos within the pages. The first was a mention on page 66 about the Lego studios, (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: steve barkers amazing podracer!!!!

(...) The fiber optics are great, they even work. (24 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Sebulba's pod....

(...) I just picked up a complete 7171 at Toys R Us for $35.00, less than 2 weeks ago in the greater Milwuakee, WI area. Box is mint as well and they had a bunch of them there. travis (24 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Queen Amidala minifig

(...) You appear to be suggesting that you can't be royal and a senator. Note that Leia is in fact adopted by SENATOR Bail Organa of Alderaan. This isn't a huge deal but you seemed to state very emphatically something that is not known (unless it's (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Building habits

Selçuk Göre <ssgore@superonline.com> wrote in message news:GBJKtq.1M7@lugnet.com... (...) Looking for reinforcements... ;-) Actually, I moved to Texas for a while, and I can't remember if I posted from there or not. Then I came back out to Hawaii (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: hold onta yer gungan subs!!!

(...) Now I know that I'll try to get the Gungan sub. (I have a custom one that I think is much more accurate.) I was thinking that I might get it any ways. But now I definitely want it. -Kevin W. (24 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Modified minifigs

That sounds cool!!! I really love the idea of the Hind gunship. I have been wanting to build one myself, and possibly a whole selection of eastern block military hardware. But I am sure that this thread is WAY off topic for this newsgroup, so I will (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Building habits

(...) Wow! The Grammar Guerilla!..:-) Where have you been? Believe it or not, whenever I saw a grammatical error in someone's post, I wondered where was Jesse Long..:-) I think you had been busy (Valerie Long?..:-). It's nice to hear from you (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  hold onta yer gungan subs!!!

here's an alternate model for the 7161 gungan sub model info (URL) file (URL) g (24 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ultra-quick modification.

"Jesse and Valarie Long" <jesseandval@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:GBIrx7.9qt@lugnet.com... (...) bricks (...) Cheers. My partner isn't quite a NLSO - after all, she's bought me a RIS, DDK, and 3 or 4 SW sets over the past couple of years :) (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Queen Amidala minifig

hahahahahaha, aww man!! or.... Yousa Death star is a big bombade, butsa, me thinks thisa no match for the power of dark'n n'side... (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Queen Amidala minifig

In article <GBE1H7.8IE@lugnet.com>, (...) Bah, Darth Maul was a wuss. I think Brad Templeton had it right. We all know Jar Jar is evil, soon, he will turn to the dark side. He will devote every pixel of his being to serving the Dark Lord Sidious... (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Custom Han in Carbonite

A while back someone somewhere on the net posted their pics of a custom Han Solo in Carbonite. Does anyone know where I can see these pics. I know that FBTB has some pics by Mr. Peter Crone but these are not the ones I am looking for. Nor the ones (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ultra-quick modification.

Daniel Crichton <danielc@helio.co.uk> wrote in message news:GB691G.Buw@lugnet.com... (...) still (...) additional (...) Non-Lego (fan) Significant Other. Usually an unappreciative wife or girlfriend. One who doesn't understand why you spend so much (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Sebulba's pod....

"Jonathan Castellino" <J_Castellino@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GBHMqD.6HL@lugnet.com... (...) w/o (...) more (...) Wow, I think that's quite expensive. I paid £20 (around $30 US) for the set of 3 pod racers last year in a sale here, there (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  steve barkers amazing podracer!!!!

is this guy on lugnet? his podracer is amazing!!!! my apologies if he is on lugnet and has posted these already. the fibre optics for the power binders is a great idea!!! (why didn't i think of that???) and the detail is awesome!!!! (URL) visit my (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Queen Amidala minifig

(...) Doh! Forgot that plot! But, some author or another will likely come along and say that he foresaw that or knew what Tarkin was doing, but because he was a good bulldog, he let him have a bone every now and again. And no, there is NOT a single (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Sebulba's pod....

(...) hmmm....have you seen what the "market" price for the whole set is between 35 and 60 US. That is the highest lately it has gone up to. Here's the latest results on E-bay (not that I am trying to give them any additional free publicity....): (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  re: Sebulba's pod....

Hi, I just got 1 of the 3 pods from the 7171 (i got Sebulba's...). It was w/o ther rest, and the manager at Sears gave it to me for $30 CDN ($20 US)....anyhow, is this a good deal? i already have a 7171, but i needed more orange pcs!! (24 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Queen Amidala minifig

(...) As for who is stronger,Luke or Vader? I think that that and MC level discussions would start to resemble the numerous"Who is stronger,Goku or Gohan?" and "***** saga power levels" at many DragonBall forums. (24 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Queen Amidala minifig

(...) IIRC Daala was Grand Moff Tarkin's lover and he basically had her hidden away inside that secret Imperial weapons facility - you know the one that was hidden amongst all those Black Holes and was virtually impossible to find. I think her (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Modified minifigs

Wouldn't it be cool if someone created some Metal Gear Solid 1 or 2 Minifigs or even modified Technic figures or maybe Lego could even do a complete range like Star Wars, complete with the Metal Gear mecha. I could probably do a resonable (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Queen Amidala minifig

what are you talking about?!? maul was one of the most hate-filled beings in the entire galaxy. he loved hate. he hated love. ;) he was also veeery far from weak. he could have easily killed obi-wan. he killed 12 jedi (at one time) when he was a (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Queen Amidala minifig

(...) I know I'm being off here, so bear with me :o) What about Admiral Daala, second in command to Grand Admiral Thrawn? She was posted during the reign of Palpatine. Sorry. I are nit-picky.!?. If he appeared sexist, it was most likely Mr. Lucas (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Queen Amidala minifig

(...) Mara was kind of a one off. What I meant by sexist was that he didn't allow female officers. (24 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Queen Amidala minifig

(...) Sexist? I know it ain't canon, but in Heir To the Empire (et al) Mara Jade is revealed to be the Hand of The Emperor (kinda like his directly employed assassin). Rumor had it that he taught her limited force awareness, too. Maul was weak in (...) (24 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: shuttle worth buying? or watto's junkyard

Shovel a few walks and you may have enough for it next week?! Cool deal on the DDK! Happy Birthday to you! (...) (24 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: shuttle worth buying? or watto's junkyard

well, id din't get the shuttle. but I did get the ddk for 30 bucks canadian!!!!!!! that's insane. I have never seen for that litttle. the r2 is pretty awesome. I havn't built anything else with it yet. i still may have enough money to get the (...) (24 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Queen Amidala minifig

Thank-you I enjoyed reading that, I feel like I've seen the movie already! Eric (...) (24 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Queen Amidala minifig

for all you people unsure about the future of starwars(as in the plot for the next movie), here is a site that will tell you everything you could want to know. THis ins't exactly how it will go, because Lucas makes changes to the plotall the time (...) (24 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Queen Amidala minifig

(...) Yep,Maul is gone. He will not be cloned and he did not survive being cut in half. Maul was only there to 1 Fill Vader's shoes 2 Let the Republic and Jedi know that the Sith have returned. He was killed by a Padawan,which shows that he is weak. (...) (24 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Queen Amidala minifig

<spoiler> 1. darth maul is not in episode 2. he's dead. no clone. the clones are of jango fett, the first of them being boba fett. 2. princess leia is called PRINCESS because she was adopted into a royal family, that of alderaan. padme has given up (...) (24 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Queen Amidala minifig

<Sniped> (...) That is quite true. Everyone on Starwars.com is talking about it, and I read in on of the Star Wars magizines about that whole subject. Anikan will marry Amidala! I have to agree with Nick, IMHO, Episode II will be about Anakin (...) (24 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Queen Amidala minifig

(...) the (...) floating (...) other (...) a (...) WARNING! THE FOLLOWING MAY SPOIL THE MOVIE (but who hasn't seen it yet?) We got a Queen Amidala minifig (Padme), so what we really want is the fake queen. Also, though a completely different (...) (24 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Queen Amidala minifig

(...) <my $0.02> I've seen some debate about this issue, although where exactly eludes me at the moment. IIRC, the various people who believed that Amidala would appear as a figure assumed that she would be part of a playset, such as Palpatine's (...) (24 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Queen Amidala minifig

I noticed that the new poll on FBTB asks whether we need/ want a Queen Amidala minifig. I would be a little surprised if they _never_ made one. Look at the Classic SW LEGO logo: Han, Leia, R2, Luke, Vader, Stormie, Fett -- all in sets. And the Ep1 (...) (24 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Painting Rebel Helmets

I almost have as many of those helmets as I do Jar Jar's but the difference is I have a use for those helmets. Jar Jar can be bantha foodo for all I care. What I have done with mine is use a light amount of clean paint thinner to clean any markings (...) (24 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: shuttle worth buying? or watto's junkyard

Thanks for the input, I think i'll probably go for the shuttle. it looks like it has more of the typr and colour of parts that I need. allot of the pieces in wattos set are green by the looks of it and i don't need green at all. thanx (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: shuttle worth buying? or watto's junkyard

(...) IF you're looking for Gray parts, then you should go invest in some Sith Infiltrators. They might be hard to find nowadays, but I'm sure some stores still have a few on the shelves, and you might still be able to find some on the internet, (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Yet another use for 7106

Well, with all the fuss over the Droid Escape, I decided to buy a few, and seeing how everyone else was coming up with all these nifty things to use the cylinder bits for, I figured I may as well add to the melee. A while back someone in (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: shuttle worth buying? or watto's junkyard

I really like Watto's Junkyard, but the price tag is admittedly a bit of a kick in the pants. The shuttle is definitely a better "Star Wars" set, in my opinion - more playability, a better display model, some nice minifigs, etc. etc. However, if (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: shuttle worth buying? or watto's junkyard

(...) I think it depends on what your collection is short of. I never seem to have enough grey parts, so I bought the Imperial Shuttle. I was quite unimpressed on opening the box to find out the Imperial Shuttle was white. -JDF (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: shuttle worth buying? or watto's junkyard

(...) (grin) and the mini-figs are *way* better. Bang for your buck, go buy it at Target and you'll spend anywhere from $31 to $36 bucks, I think Watto's goes for $40+ . IMHO if you are looking for something reeealllly cool go over to Toys R Us and (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  shuttle worth buying? or watto's junkyard

Which set is better value? the imp shuttle or wattos junkyard? I have some b-day money coming up soon and I wanna know what set to buy thanx geordan visit my lego pellet gun site! (URL) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  innaresting fact

for those of you who are innarested in design as well as lego i found out recently that Robert McCall (NASA, EPCOT) and Ralph McQuarrie (Star Wars, etc) and Syd Mead (2010, Aliens, etc) all came out of the same design school which explains why their (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Building habits

(...) Never thought about doing it by shape. I do have a problem finding some things because every thing is the same color. -Kevin W. (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Building habits

(...) If you're going to sort them, DON'T do it by color. It's the most obvious choice, but it's a bad idea. Sort by size and type instead. Think of it this way: Say you want a blue 1x4 brick. Would you rather dig through a pile of blue bricks, or a (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Building habits

(...) to bad : ( but as for me it I have sorted my pieces out by color. it's nice because there are less pieces to look through. -Kevin W. (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Painting Rebel Helmets

Has anyone ever painted the luke helmet that i seem to have an abundence of? (red line, red rebel logo on each side.) I am in the process of painting some of mine, but what have others done? so i can get a field of reference Rick (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Building habits

(...) Ah.. that's what I was wondering. :) Cool. ;) Now I just need to contemplate my attempts at the big stuff.. There may be hope for me, yet. ;) Joel J (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

(...) Ok this is my first post I've done. I have been reading Lugnet for about two years. I am 14 years old and am hoping for the time when I don't have to go to school. I am in the keep category because I tend to have things built for a little (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

(...) Yes! Actually, the A-Wing Carrier was scrapped just before my in-laws visited in December (it took up so much space in our other bedroom). I usually keep models until I'm satisfied with the photos I've taken. The A-Wing Carrier stayed around (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

But what about Dan? (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

(...) I've looked into this and apparently color sensors can only differentiate between black, white and grey which to me was really bad news. The £150 spent on mindstorms to build a sorter would also be better spent on more technic and a bit of (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

...I've been giving serious thought to sorting my collection, even if only by color. lazy though I am, i know that all my really cool pieces are cowering in fear at the bottom of the huge (60 gallons) tub which houses the bulk of my collection. (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Custom blasters.

I am also waiting for an accessory pack with stormtroopers to come out, $19.99 (with some spare parts) is too much to pay for a stormtrooper. I am mainly posting about something else. I have seen people make custom blasters for their own star wars (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact