 Star Wars / 11230
Re: Queen Amidala minifig
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 19:54:14 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Aaron West writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Grant White writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Bruce Lowell writes:
<spoiler>
1. darth maul is not in episode 2. he's dead. no clone. the clones are of
jango fett, the first of them being boba fett.

Yep,Maul is gone. He will not be cloned and he did not survive being cut in
half. Maul was only there to 1 Fill Vader's shoes  2 Let the Republic and
Jedi know that the Sith have returned. He was killed by a Padawan,which
shows that he is weak. The Sith don't aid the weak,otherwise they would
fail. The Sith try to have the strongest in their legions. This is why
Palpatine wanted Luke to kill Vader in ROTJ. Luke's strength in the Force is
greater than his fathers(Midi Chlorian level 22,000?).Also,Palpatine is
racist and sexist. He saw Maul only as a tool and the fact that Maul was
beaten added to Palpatine's beliefs that humans are the strongest race and
all others are inferiors.

Sexist?  I know it ain't canon, but in Heir To the Empire (et al) Mara Jade
is revealed to be the Hand of The Emperor (kinda like his directly employed
assassin).  Rumor had it that he taught her limited force awareness, too.

Mara was kind of a one off. What I meant by sexist was that he didn't allow
female officers.