 Star Wars / 11221
Re: Queen Amidala minifig
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 20:28:01 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Ian McLeod writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Dave Low writes:
I noticed that the new poll on FBTB asks whether we need/ want a Queen
Amidala minifig. I would be a little surprised if they _never_ made one.
Look at the Classic SW LEGO logo: Han, Leia, R2, Luke, Vader, Stormie, Fett
-- all in sets.
And the Ep1 logo: Binks, Amidala, R2, Qui Gon, Anakin, Maul, Sidious, Battle
Droid -- all in sets, except for Amidala. I don't think the Padme fig
counts, although it's the same character. OTOH, Sidious is in a Classic set
as the Emperor (assuming they're one and the same), so maybe the logo
doesn't affect which figs are actually produced.

--DaveL

<my $0.02>
I've seen some debate about this issue, although where exactly eludes me at • the
moment. IIRC, the various people who believed that Amidala would appear as a
figure assumed that she would be part of a playset, such as Palpatine's
apartment (frequently suggested) or perhaps one of those lovely Senate • floating
thingies (my personal hope - then we'd get a Palpatine figure too).  The only
other place I can remember the full makeup appearing was in one of the Naboo
palace scenes, which would be pretty difficult to create (mmm, marbleized Lego
bricks).

Unfortunately, I read on TheForce.Net that Ep 2 prototyping is beginning soon,
and I suspect that that means that there won't be any more new Ep 1 Lego sets.
Kind of a bummer. I REALLY want a Senate floating thingie (among numerous • other
items - where's the Royal Naboo Starship?) and I'm not going to shell out for • a
VHS copy of Ep 1 just to get a good look at it to do a MOC. And I'm not of the
custom minifig bent either.
</my $0.02>

Ian McLeod

WARNING! THE FOLLOWING MAY SPOIL THE MOVIE (but who hasn't seen it yet?)

We got a Queen Amidala minifig (Padme), so what we really want is the fake
queen.

Also, though a completely different subject, I have a feeling that Anikan/Vader
will mary padme because:
1. *He talks about loving her in Episode 1.

2. *Luke is Princess Leia's brother

3. *PRINCESS Leia suggests she has a royal family

4. *Padme is royalty

5. *See #1

NICK