 Star Wars / 11283
Re: Best Source For Tie 7181?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 16:31:53 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Roy Wood writes:
Considering how much I like the UCS X-Wing, I'm still tempted by the UCS
Tie Interceptor (7181).  Anyone have any comments as to how it compares
to the X-Wing, or the best/cheapest source for one?

Well, the best chance for getting either of those sets REALLY cheap was after
Christmas. Target had some ridiculous clearances! I ended up getting the UCS
X-Wing set for about $50 and the UCS TIE Interceptor for $25! The clearance
prices started off higher at first but went down in steps. Okay, I also had to
be a little sly as well. I conveniently placed them on the top rack of the
store shelf, out of plain view and waited till the clearance prices got lower.
I also got 2 Pod Race combo sets each for $10, an X-Wing set for $7.50, a Snow
Speeder and Slave 1 each for $5, and a Trade Federation MTT for $8. I missed
getting the Millenium Falcon for $25.

Your best bet to get the TIE or X-Wing cheap might be with Zany Brainy in the
future. Check in from time to time because they may clear those sets out for
about half off (and they'll go fast).

Dan