 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *1459 (-100)
  Re: Does anyone have the updated 0.2.4 source?

There is no 0.2.5 as of yet- there may be within a couple of weeks. There really aren't many substantial changes (mainly C++, two very, very small bugfixes.) If you are interested in testing what is in CVS right now I've posted a tarball here: (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Millenium and ActivePerl

(...) No worries, think I was being dumb - i re-installed it without the ISAPI support ,and it seemd to work just fine :) thanks - Ciaran (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Does anyone have the updated 0.2.4 source?

Hi all, I've been having lots of fun with LegOS 0.2.4 (after a month of frustration trying to get it to run), and things have been going smoothly. It is much more stable than 0.2.3 however, I understand some patches have been made to the 0.2.4 code (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: asking

Cromok- In the future, direct emails to lugnet.robotics.rcx....ugnet.com. Thanks :) (...) legOS.srec is the file that contains the legOS kernel, which is the "core" of the legOS operating system. (...) When using this, (at least in the HOWTO) it (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: compiler problem - help needed please

(...) No :) Just making sure that you hadn't. (...) Well, I'd hope it is not the distribution. However, it is possible- RedHat 7.0 uses a "new" compiler version (egcs 2.96) that has been known to cause some problems with certain programs. makelx is (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS: Crosscompiler problem

Sorry to not respond earlier, Niels. It looks like the .rpms I linked to are slightly broken :| If you do not have permission to write to /usr/lib/legOS/ (which is probably the case, given what I know about the default permissions in /usr/lib/ in (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: compiler problem - help needed please

(...) No, should I? (...) I've installed from the tarball, just as described in the HOWTO. (...) Ok, thanks for your reply. I just have to try some more. Maybe try another linux distribution. Niels (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: text location for apps and q?

(...) I don't recall for certain, but I think that those are hardware specific. You could always try changing them to see what happens :) (Anyone who is more up-to-date on the compiler magic, feel free to correct me.) (...) Unfortunately, there are (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP Packet Handlers on RCX

Michael- I seem to recall something about LNP not being completely thread safe. However, there is no documentation on that at all. Stig Neilsson (if he is around) may be a good person to ask, since he has studied the threading model in detail, and (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: text location for apps and q?

Ooops. Did not finish my last email before sending it. (...) It sounds like it was built improperly (i.e., without --exec-prefix). Where did you get it from exactly? Luis ---...--- "It's clear to us that Microsoft isn't the competition anymore. They (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: compiler problem - help needed please

Niels- Sorry about the delayed response. Have you modified your Makefile.user at all? It does appear like it is getting called correctly, but I want to be sure. Also, how did you install legOS? From tarball or via the RH 6.x rpms? If you installed (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Millenium and ActivePerl

Haven't heard of anything. Sorry about that. Then again, I run Linux for a reason- it isn't possible for a program to do that to me. On the plus side, unless you recompile your kernel, you shouldn't need Perl for a legOS install anymore. Luis (...) (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  (canceled)

  Millenium and ActivePerl

Its been a while since I've posted in here, but I finally started my dissertation on Genetic Programming with Lego Mindstorms, and I'm already (day 1) having problems. I was ruuuunning Legos on a Win2K machine with no problems, however when I (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNP Packet Handlers on RCX

I remember reading somewhere a while back, when I first started dabbling with LNP, that LNP handlers on the RCX side were called from interrupts and therefore doing things like memory allocation, msleep, heavy processing, etc. were not good ideas. (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  compiler problem - help needed please

Hello everybody I have installed the crosscompiler and legos 2.4 as descriped in the HOWTO. My system is redhat 7.0. The kernel seems to compile just fine, but whenever I try to compile one of the demo programs I get an error. Here is an output from (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  text location for apps and q?

hi all, in Makefile.user there are BASE1 and BASE2 which point to 0xb000 and 0xb210. are those address changeable or are they defined by h8/300 platform? also what is makelx? what does it do with .ds1 and .ds2 which both are the same object file? (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RCX communication

Hi, (Sorry, my English is not good) I would like to know if it's possible to use legOS (LNP) to get communications between RCXs without the PC, I mean, without an intermediate between the RCXs. And, if it's possible, how can I do that ? I'm using 3 (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  robotics competition

prizes: - three LEGO Droid Developer Kits - three LEGO Vision Comand - three Ultimate Accessory Sets Check it out under (URL) are: - Fred Martin MIT media lab - Scott Savage Marshal Space Flight Center, NASA - Dennis Clark Colorado State University (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Memory Usage

(...) Ok, thanks. I'll try everything else first, then try this if I get desperate. The main thing I hit a wall with was when I switched to floating-point, which increased my .lx filesize by about 2k, so if I go back to fixed-point, turn sound off (...) (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Memory Usage

(...) changing (...) place for (...) program for (...) optimized for (...) working for (...) I've further investigated and you can gain some more bytes compiling kernel (and your programs) with -Os option instead of -O2 (Makefile.common, COPT (...) (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Memory Usage

(...) Well, I was thinking along the lines of having gcc optimize my program for space instead of speed. Of course, I'd be better off if *I* optimized for space instead of speed, but it can't hurt to have the compiler working for me, if it's (...) (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Memory Usage

(...) itself in (...) allocate (...) annoying, (...) You can test memory left using the routine from Eddie: (URL) Anyway, my question is, how can I reduce memory usage? I think cutting (...) HOWTO, (...) that (...) a (...) in (...) process is (...) (...) (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Memory Usage

Well, I've gone and run out of memory with my RCX. It manifested itself in a task that refused to run, presumably because the OS couldn't allocate enough memory for its stack. Took a while to track down and was annoying, but it was my own fault for (...) (24 years ago, 14-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  winlnp

well, one page is still up... (URL) sure if anyone wants to pursue that or not (Yannis, if you are around, and need space to mirror your files, legOS.sourceforge.net is there for you ;) Luis ---...--- "It's clear to us that Microsoft isn't the (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP Questions

(...) No idea. Not even sure how much interest there was in it in the first place. I knew I should have mirrored those files :| On the plus side, I know that at least some work was done in porting the "real" LNP tools to the Cygwin installation. (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP Questions

(...) Well, one "people" is enough for me. (Especially this particular "people"!) So, I will work on this thing and let you know when I have something to show you. Btw, I checked on the Windows version of LNP (I run Linux, but I figure Windows ought (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP Questions

(...) I have no idea if "people" would, but if you want to write something up for the HOWTO, I'll bend over backwards to get it into the posted version ASAP. It is really the one major thing that the HOWTO lacks, and that people consistently request (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNP Questions

I've been doing a lot with LNP lately, and I have a few questions. First, the lnpd package I have says in the readme that there is a bug in the legOS kernel with sending LNP packets from multiple tasks. Accordingly, all of my LNP-sending functions (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  At last legOS on NT!!

At last! I decided to test the cygwin installation on NT and it worked! I still have to use the -s option with firmdl3 but the rest is perfect. Now I have the djgpp distribution on Windows9x and the cygwin distribution on NT. (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: liv@duke.edu

Do I still mention arthurdent in the HOWTO? Please point me at the section of the HOWTO that still points to arthurdent, because that machine/url have been disconnected for several months now, and I want to ensure that there are no references (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  liv@duke.edu

Luis, could you please send me the demo.c you mention in the HOWTO. I can't connect to arthurdent Thanks -- ___...___ Oscar Deniz Suarez odeniz@dis.ulpgc.es Becario de Investigacion - Research Grant Holder Centro de Tecnologia de los Sistemas y la (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS doesn't work under NT?

Oscar Deniz Suarez <odeniz@dis.ulpgc.es> wrote in message news:G2016F.L1z@lugnet.com... (...) some (...) problems, (...) Maybe, but I know there's differences - I can't get NT to talk to my qv-100 digital camera over the serial port, but Linux & (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS doesn't work under NT?

(...) are some (...) problems, (...) Absolutly Yes. (...) 0.2.3 and (...) memcpy.c. I (...) to (...) Begin from these two URLs: (URL) Paolo. --- Indecision is the key to flexibility. (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS doesn't work under NT?

(...) computer (...) have (...) correctly (...) I don't think it's the serial port handling under NT, because there are some guys out there who have been able to work with legos and NT without problems, isn't it? By now, I think it could be a bug in (...) (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS doesn't work under NT?

(...) problems. (...) appears (...) Only thing I can think is maybe the serial port driver does something funny in NT. I'm not familiar with the serial comms used in firmdl & dll, and don't have the source here at work, but maybe this causes the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS doesn't work under NT?

I've been using legOS for Windows (Vamos-Wentworth's distribution) both on Windows 95 and Windows 98. Due to some reasons, I'll have to use a NT computer from now on (I'm the administrator). I installed everything, even the long filename support (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: IRPD sensors and LegOS (long)

OK, the IRPD rover just smarter. I had an error in the comments in the previously posted version, references in the initial comments about the Right Side Motor being hooked up to Output B were incorrect, it is actually hooked up to Output C. This (...) (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: 0.2.4 API

I can put one up as a tarball or .zip file- pick which output format you'd prefer. Luis (...) ---...--- "It's clear to us that Microsoft isn't the competition anymore. They are our environment." WordPerfect manager, talking about Word ---...--- (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  0.2.4 API

Hello everybody. I am currently looking for the API for legOS 0.2.4. I did find one at legos.sourceforge.net (i think it was), but it was poorly suited for downloading. anyone happend to have the API as a downloadable file ?(html/ps/pdf, doesnt (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  test

have had some problems posting to this news group, so heres another test. (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: New Kernel Documentation

There is now a .pdf version (which maintains the tables) available at (URL) I tried ps2ascii, but it didn't seem to work. pstotext does work, but the many (very nice) tables get lost. If it weren't for that, I would have converted it all to sgml/xml (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: New Kernel Documentation

Dave, I tried ps2ascii, but it didn't seem to work. The only thing I can suggest is to download a copy of GhostScript / GhostView. If you're using a common Linux distro you've probably already got it - if you're using Windoze, it's really easy to (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: New Kernel Documentation

I have just skimmed through this document and it is AWESOME!! In case you ran into the same problem as I did and was not able to view Post Script files, check out this URL: (URL) a Utility call Ghost Script that allows even Winblows users to view (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Kernel Documentation

Is it possible to put up a non-Post Script version? I don't have a viewer that can display this type of document. Perhaps a plain .txt or .html version? Thanks Dave (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  new legOS HOWTO and note from our sponsors

This is just a minor update to the HOWTO- it discusses the new C++ support in CVS, how to access CVS, and links to the new kernel documentation. As usual, it can be found here: (URL) plug: I'd like to note that the past several releases of the HOWTO (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  New Kernel Documentation

Stig Nielsson has written excellent documentation on the internals of the kernel. I learned a heck of a lot going through it- I think this makes Stig our new designated kernel expert :) Anyway, you can read it here: (URL) you have any comments or (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  C++ support in CVS

Hey, everyone- Thanks to the patches Pat Welsh posted last week, C++ support is now in the CVS version of legOS. Pat made a number of changes to clean up the makefiles, so everything will compile if you aren't using gcc 2.95 and/or don't plan to use (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: c++ classes

Hey, everybody. I'm going to try to patch and build this this weekend. (ADSL line goes in today, so it becomes suddenly more feasible to build and test with gcc 2.95.) However, if anyone else has already done that, and can test these (particularly (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Using the rotation sensor as velocity sensor

Checked in to CVS. Thank you again, Jochen. By the way, for those of you who may want to check it out, I've disabled it by default in boot/config.h (as we probably should with rotation sensors) so you'll have to go in there and uncomment it (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  c++ classes

Dear legOSers, I have written a set of c++ classes for manipulating sensors and motors within legOS. The classes include: A) Sensor, a base class for accessing sensors B) LightSensor, derived from Sensor, but uses the LIGHT function to get values C) (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Using the rotation sensor as velocity sensor

Looks solid to me, and I appreciate the effort to isolate all the code with #defines- hopefully, most future feature additions will be similarly controlled. If no one objects, I'm going to check this into CVS this afternoon. Thanks a lot, Jochen... (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Using the rotation sensor as velocity sensor

Hello, For my own project I need to measure the velocity at which my robot is moving. I finally patched the legOS kernel to get accurate values. I think that others may profit from a good velocity sensor. The velocity is given in rotation ticks (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: IRPD sensors and LegOS (long)

Well, I worked on it a bit and added two routines: TurnTo(int New_Direction) => Figures the quickest way to turn from the current Direction to the new one. Retrace(int N) => Retraces the last N number of legs of it's journey. Change the #define LEGS (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: IRPD sensors and LegOS (long)

Since IRPD doesn't use the upper half of the sensor range (above 512), it looks like it could easily be multiplexed with a touch sensor. Has anyone tried this? (I would try it myself, but I haven't bought an IRPD [yet!].) (...) -- ___...___ $50,000 (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  IRPD sensors and LegOS (long)

Well, after much frustration and a great deal of help from the very wise Rossz, I was finally able to get up and running w/ DJGPP and LegOS 0.2.4 The first thing I did was write a program to use with Pete Sevcik's IRPD proximity detectors that he (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Linking failure when 'making' an lx file

(...) Sorry about the extra stuff, the linking problem was due to the compiler trying to find the above link "___ucmpsi2". When I used h8300-hitachi-hms-nm I could see all the methods and links in my code, and this was the only strange looking one. (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Linking failure when 'making' an lx file

Hi Can anyone tell me why I'm getting a linking failure when trying to compile my C code, in the standard way. The linker is failing to find a fucntion I have defined in my source: /usr/local/crossgcc/...chi-hms-ld -T ../boot/legOS.lds -relax (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Blockin LNP calls

(...) I guess I'm using lnp_logical_write then? That is, I include the standard lib_lnp.h file into my code and then link my app with liblnp.so.....does this answer your question? Is there a way in which I can call lnp_logical_write directly to test (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Blockin LNP calls

(...) No, I meant lnp_logical_write, which is called from lnp_addressing_write. lnp_logical_write is not within the file lnp.c, which I guess you link into your app. This function is supposed to actually write to the serial device communicating with (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Blockin LNP calls

(...) Sorry, I was using an unsigned char variable, this was just a remnant of some testing I did..... I tried a lot of variations ;-) (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Blockin LNP calls

(...) Yes, the problem is on the host PC (running Red Hat 6.2). What I cant figure out is how identical code works fine if I instantiate the wrapper class in a simple demo app, but once I try calling it form within my CORBA server, it blocks on (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Blockin LNP calls

(...) From the statement "data is received by the RCX" I assume you have this problem on the host system. What OS are you using? Also, how does your lnp_logical_write() routine look like? Eddie C. Dost ecd@skynet.be (24 years ago, 27-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Blockin LNP calls

(...) ,testaddress, 8); It shouldn't be the real problem, but are you sure about the port paramenter? How about: result = lnp_addressing_write...estbuffer, testlen ,testaddress, testport); Bye, Paolo. --- Maier's Law: If the facts do not conform to (...) (24 years ago, 27-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Blockin LNP calls

HELP! I'll ellaborate a little on the details of my previous posting: My code (removing some CORBA detail) looks like this: I have a class "nanOrbDemo_i" which has the following constructor: inline nanOrbDemo_i(){ if ( lnp_init(0,0,0,0,0) ){ cout << (...) (24 years ago, 27-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Statically and Dynamically linking lnp ....

(...) Colin, The "standard" for doing this is to wrap the extern "C" { and } in #ifdef __cplusplus clauses. You can see how to do this in most .h files in the include directory. Especially if it's a .h that may be used in mixed (C/C++) projects. (...) (24 years ago, 27-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Blockin LNP calls

Hi Can anyone tell me why a call to lnp_addressing_write(...) might block? My environment seems okay. I have some simple clients written that have no difficulty in communicating wth the RCX, but I have one client ( a lot more complex) which seems to (...) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Statically and Dynamically linking lnp ....

Regarding the previous posting: Please disregard ... I figured it out, but thought it may be useful to post a reply to myself, in case it's ever of use to anyone else using the same tools: I forgot to wrap my include in an ' extern "C" ' block. As I (...) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Statically and Dynamically linking lnp ....

Hi All, I was wondering if someone could give me a quick guide as to the compilation/linking options when using liblnp.h etc. I'm having a few difficulties. I wanted to know how exactly to link in the shared library. I tried installing it in the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: GCC - Cross-compiler

(...) I want to make a script for doing all the dirty job and rivise HOWTO to include the whole proccess. :-) Now I'm in trouble with a very simple diff file that when applied with patch.exe generates a CR-LF file that is not "compatible" with gcc (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  new HOWTO release

Hey, everybody. There is a new HOWTO version available. It doesn't contain anything groundshaking, except that it does (finally) incorporate an updated version of demo.c. And it fixes the error in spelling Paolo's name :) Since this is now public, (...) (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP and Lego Remote

(...) Nope. I've been moving :( and my mindstorm is still taped up and packed. To worsen the situation, my motherboard broke, so I don't even have a functional PC at the moment. Hopefully, that should be remedied later this week. Luis ---...--- (...) (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Where is the daily tarball?

(...) ---...--- "Summertime... and the living is easy... fish are jumping and the cotton is high... So hush, little baby, baby don't you cry." -Ella ---...--- (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Where is the daily tarball?

I've looked around sourceforge but have not been able to locate the daily tarball. Anyone know the URL? Rossz (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP and Lego Remote

(...) it's (...) Lego (...) FYI, we are working to a new, better, implementation of LNP (a sort of LNP2), backward compatible that is compatible with Lego remote too... :-) Bye, Paolo. --- This tagline is made from recycled letters. (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNP and Lego Remote

Hi, Can we set the parity of LNP to SMR_ODD? Right now, LNP is acting as if it were set to even parity even though it's supposed to be at no parity; it's discarding all odd bytes sent by the Lego remote. Luis? Tried the patch and the demo for the (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RCX in Intro Computing Class

Hello, My college computer science department is thinking of using Lego Mindstorms as part of the introduction to computer programming class. The book we would use to teach is written by a few of my prof's. I have taken an outline of the book, (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: GCC - Cross-compiler

(...) Yes, there are some warnings during the compile. I'm at work, so I can't interrogate my make log, but the only big one is the one about libc, which is documented in the HOWTO. Regards, ROSCO (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: GCC - Cross-compiler

(...) Awesome. (...) Right. Though it would be good to write them down (like in the HOWTO) so that people don't freak out when they get them :) (...) Dangit. Sorry, still... Luis (...) ---...--- "Summertime... and the living is easy... fish are (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: GCC - Cross-compiler

(...) CygnWin 1.1 (latest). :-) (...) Not really important if it works, just curiosity... ;-) (...) :-) Cool... ;-))) (...) First, I would like my name corrected in /HOWTO... ;-))) Massetti --> Masetti... ;-))) Bye, Paolo. --- Press to test. Release (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: GCC - Cross-compiler

Sorry I've been out of the loop for so long, guys... I'm moving tomorrow, so I've been packing and such. (...) cool. Which Cygwin, though? It'd be really nice if we could "move up" to Cygwin 1.0, which is a lot easier to install than the beta (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  GCC - Cross-compiler

(...) Some (good!) news: 1) I've compiled gcc-2.95.2 for h8300-hitachi-hms using cygnwin and it works. :-) 2) I'm working to a script to automate the process 3) I'm still gettind some warnings (but it works well, does some warnings appear on Linux (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Idle Powerdown

Also, Paolo gets credit for the code that resets the idle counter inside IR activity. It will not reset on invalid packets or packets sent to a different RCX unit, so a unit will quietly go to sleep after 15 minutes in the midst of LNP (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Idle Powerdown

Paolo was kind enough to check into Sourceforge my changes to implement idle powerdown. The default is 15 minutes of idle time (no programs running, no buttons pressed, no LNP activity) before automatically turning itself off. BTW, in my previous (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Multiple RCXs

(...) You can control RCXs via LNP using different addresses. The problem is that no example and no working code is available in legOS distribution, but you can find something searching this newsgroup. A good possibility is using WinLNP (URL) LNP (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: CVS write problem solved

(...) Well, after fiddling lots, I finally got it working. Turns out :ext: is correct, dunno why the CVS page at SourceForge says :pserver:. Anyway, I successfully commited CONTRIBUTORS (had my name wrong!), and will soon be putting in some code to (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Idle Powerdown - CVS write problems

(...) Sorry. Linux. (...) Hmmm. Tried this (checked out the whole module to a new dir), but same problem. (...) My connection string is the same except ext->pserver. Must be a Unix thing. Is there any developers out there using cvs under Linux? I (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Idle Powerdown - CVS write problems

(...) login (...) But when I (...) I've checked sourceforge and you have correct permissions. What platform are you using? Windows? (...) before - (...) My problem was that if you checked-out files as "anonymous", you need to re-check-out them. CVS (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Idle Powerdown

(...) Paolo, Maybe you can help with mine, too. Luis gave me CVS access, and I can login using my sourceforge name & password, and checking out's no problem. But when I try to check in, I get: cvs [server aborted]: "commit" requires write access to (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Idle Powerdown

(...) need to (...) You can send the code/patch to me, Rossz. I can commit it for you. As anyone knows :-) I've solved my old problems with CVS (WINCVS). Please feel free to contact me if you need to solve your CVS problem too. :-) Bye, Paolo. --- (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Idle Powerdown

I've successfully implemented an idle powerdown into the legOS kernel. On more than one occasion I have left my RCX on overnight, resulting in the need to buy a new set of batteries. The tricky part was doing a successful powerdown from within the (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Multiple RCXs

If the functions you wish to perform can be done in simple tasks you could probably program each RCX to recognize a specific range of message numbers. In this way, a 'function' on the RCXs can be 'invoked' by the PC by having it send a specific (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: questions, comments, and suggestions

(...) If you don't find it defined in gcc-2.95.2/config/h8300/*, then yes. Eddie C. Dost ecd@skynet.be (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: questions, comments, and suggestions

(...) only (...) Do you know if RCX_COMPILER patch need to be used in GCC 2.95.2 cross compiler too? (...) Fixed right now. I'm ready to commit. (...) indicator (...) could (...) It will be changed in 0.2.5, but two notes: 1) The counter is in ms. (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS Addressing - Packet Handler

(...) Semaphores: You said you installed Linux, try "man sem_post". Also kernel/program.c is a good reference for a semaphore use. A more complicated example is the tx_sem in kernel/lnp-logical.c and kernel/lnp.c. Eddie C. Dost ecd@skynet.be (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS Addressing - Packet Handler

Thanks Eddie, Sorry for posting a message I should have known the answer to. I'll have a look at the semaphore example. If anyone knows of a good refence for semaphore programming could they please let me know?Its taken me a while to get into the (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS Addressing - Packet Handler

(...) Take the sleep(1) out of the code! The function addressHandlerPortOne() is called from an interrupt, so you must not call any function which might cause a reschedule (which sleep() definitely does). You can do all this by having a separate (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNPD on Linux - Thanks for all the documentation

Hi All I've just installed LNPD on Linux and have it up and running. (In the past few hours, I have installed and configured Linux as a LAN workstation, built the egcs and binutils, installed and compiled legOS and finally compiled and linked liblnp (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS Addressing - Packet Handler

Hi All I have a very simple RCX legos program (which I've attached), that I'm having difficulty with. I have compiled legOS with the default host address of 0 (0x00). I am using WinLNP to send data to the RCX (simple short strings), but the RCX will (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Getting the Windows LegOS 0.2.3 compiler package to compile 0.2.4

Hi, Dave I think it is no problem, I am using it in NT and 98, both are ok. (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact