 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1457
1456  |  1458
Subject:
Does anyone have the updated 0.2.4 source?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 17:56:57 GMT

Hi all,

I've been having lots of fun with LegOS 0.2.4 (after a month of
frustration
trying to get it to run), and things have been going smoothly.  It is
much more stable than 0.2.3 however, I understand some patches have been
made to the 0.2.4 code in a diff format.  Do these patches constitute
a new version 0.2.5?

I have been unsucsessfull at getting the patches to work on my WinBlows
98
system and was wondering if someone had the fully patched code ready to
go
and would be willing to share it?

BTW, just got a copy of "Computational Principles of Mobile Robotics"
by Dudeck and Jenkin (Cambridge University Press, 2000, ISBN 0 521 56876
5).
It is a Upperdivision/Graduate level book on Robotics sensor/navigaion/
mapping/pose maintennance that is quite a good survey.  The math is a
bit
beyond me, but it looks like they cover some algorithms that may be
possible
to implement on the RCX for mapping and navigation.  Other books have
focused
on the mechanics and building of robots more, this one is pretty much
all
about the algorighms for problem solving and navigation.  A good matrix
calculation library in C would be handy too as they present ALOT of the
calculations as matrix transformations...anyone got a C library for that
handy?

You might want to check it out (about $30.00 via an on line bookstore).

Thanks,

Dave

--

dcchen@pacbell.net