 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1431
1430  |  1432
Subject:
LNP Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 21:25:45 GMT

I've been doing a lot with LNP lately, and I have a few questions.

First, the lnpd package I have says in the readme that there is a bug in
the legOS kernel with sending LNP packets from multiple tasks.
Accordingly, all of my LNP-sending functions have semaphores to make sure
that LNP isn't bothered until everything else is finished with it. Is this
bug still there, or are these semaphores unnecessary now?

Second, I recall reading about somebody working on a reliable transport
(TCP-like) with LNP, and I was wondering if there happened to be something
working lying around. Now that I think about it some, I recall that this
was slated to be a part of LNP version 2, so probably not. It's not that
useful to me anyway, just something that could be nice.

Last, people have asked about LNP documentation, and the answer has
basically been to look at the headers and whatever sample code might be
there. Since I've been doing so much with LNP lately, and I feel I have a
pretty good handle on it, I've been thinking of writing up some sort of
tutorial for LNP. Would people be interested in something like that?

--
"Say not, 'I have found the truth,' but rather, 'I have found a truth.'
"Say not, 'I have found the path of the soul.' Say rather, 'I have met the