 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1368
Re: Multiple RCXs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 22:32:07 GMT

If the functions you wish to perform can be done in simple tasks you could
probably
program each RCX to recognize a specific range of message numbers.  In this way,
a 'function' on the RCXs can be 'invoked' by the PC by having it send a specific
message number.

To poll data from an RCX you could also assign ranges of variables to each RCX
so the PC can distinguish them.  I'm not sure if this will work very well though
since
both RCXs will try to respond.

David Wendt

Robert Denison wrote:

In my latest and greatest idea I intend to run two RCXs together to control a
fairly complicated arm.  To do this I need to communicate with two RCXs from
my PC (the program is actually going to be controlled from my PC).  Now I
haven't had much luck getting my RCX controlled from my PC using legOS, so I
was going to use the OCX provided but I haven't found a way of controlling
more than one RCX with ActiveX.  Does anybody know if it is possible to
control two RCXs in any way with OCX or does anybody know of any help I can
get on controlling RCXs directly with legOS.  Any help at all would be
appreciated.

Rob.